This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By gerb
gerb wrote: September 7th, 2020, 10:27 pm
Purple Haize wrote: September 7th, 2020, 2:27 pm
ElmersTwin wrote: September 7th, 2020, 2:03 pm

100%. It's laughable to think the people spearheading the decision to investigate Jerry are the same people who also justify voting for a womanizer-in-chief as a Christian thing to do.

I do hope for something positive out of the investigation, but I am ye of little faith.
What does investigating Junior have to do with voting for Trump? The confluence of the 2 is maddening. That’s from both sides. I have equal disdain for those who question my Christianity for voting for Trump and for those who question others Christianity for not voting for Trump.
It has everything to do with Trump according to Save71.

Speaking of Save71, crickets after I postured they are being mentored by Russell Moore/SBC old guard. Difficult to believe a few guys can get widespread access and coverage by “Christian” media without powerful help.
And my gut was correct. Save71 are a bunch of progressive never Trumpers. Just own it guys. No need to hide it. Be loud and proud. I’m sure Russell will do you a solid.

Who knows, he might even have some extra pink kitty hats to throw your way.
flameshaw, jinxy liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 14th, 2021, 6:05 am Save71 should be run out of Lynchburg, and their existence shouldn't even be recognized by anyone, "other than the sewage treatment plant".
Says the flamefans poster who's existence is not recognized by multiple board members who have blocked him. FYI, Save71 is a group of alumni spread all across the country. Few if any of them are in Lynchburg.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: January 14th, 2021, 6:05 am Save71 should be run out of Lynchburg, and their existence shouldn't even be recognized by anyone, "other than the sewage treatment plant".
Though I think Save71 might be too focused on the Trump angle at times, I find if telling that you are much quicker to be critical of them than you are Jerry Jr. The man you claimed would be back in 6 months...
Just John liked this
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 14th, 2021, 9:02 am Save71 has very little in common with Doctor Falwell vision for Liberty if you ask me.
Do you guys share BK meals? You and a few other should start a Jerry fan club.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: January 14th, 2021, 10:34 am Who's talking about Jr. We're talking about Doc and Save71.
I guessed you missed the memo TH- Save71 discussions revolve around Jerry, since the organization was created as a reaction to the clowns that supported or enabled him. I can only assume that anyone so vehemently opposed to Save71's activities would likely be a supporter of Jr, even if fostered by blind loyalty to Sr.

By the way, isn't this a thread about Jr?
thepostman liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Jr is in my rear view mirror for sure. I just don't trust Save71's agenda. If Liberty doesn't bring in someone like Dr Voddie Baucham Liberty will be in a lot of rear view mirrors.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
FWIW, I don't support Jr. and it is best for LU that he is gone. Save 71 is a bunch of woke kids that take waaaay too much credit for Jr. being gone. They just happened to be in the right place at the right time. LU would be better off without them around as well. I do not believe they have the best interest of LU at heart.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 15th, 2021, 4:44 pm I mean some of you guys think people like me are woke, so I'm not sure your definition of woke is quite accurate if you think that :lol:
A lot of the older farts are only relevant in their own minds and "Woke" is just a term they have heard on Limbaugh.
thepostman liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Remember how the thought was giving jerry his "go away" money was worth not fighting it? How much money will it cost to still be worth it? New IRS rules say that payment is now taxable.

https://julieroys.com/irs-churches-nonp ... 1-million/

An example of this would be the $10.5 million in parachute payments that Jerry Falwell Jr. is reportedly set to receive from Liberty University, following his resignation as president last year. According to The Wall Street Journal, “Mr. Falwell is due his $1.25 million salary for two years, followed by a lump-sum payment of about $8 million, because of a clause in his contract that allowed him to resign with full pay if his responsibilities were curtailed.”

Trinity Foundation estimates Liberty University will pay a tax penalty of $1,530,383 on golden parachute payments of $10.5 million.
What's another mill I guess.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: March 6th, 2021, 12:21 pm Remember how the thought was giving jerry his "go away" money was worth not fighting it? How much money will it cost to still be worth it? New IRS rules say that payment is now taxable.

https://julieroys.com/irs-churches-nonp ... 1-million/

An example of this would be the $10.5 million in parachute payments that Jerry Falwell Jr. is reportedly set to receive from Liberty University, following his resignation as president last year. According to The Wall Street Journal, “Mr. Falwell is due his $1.25 million salary for two years, followed by a lump-sum payment of about $8 million, because of a clause in his contract that allowed him to resign with full pay if his responsibilities were curtailed.”

Trinity Foundation estimates Liberty University will pay a tax penalty of $1,530,383 on golden parachute payments of $10.5 million.
What's another mill I guess.
Chump change and well worth it.
Just John liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Clearly he doesn't feel threatened by our current leadership if he is publically saying he is visiting campus. More indicators that the current leadership is a joke.

With that said, I do hope he can recover quickly and that he won't have further complications.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Sounds like he could be recovering from covin19. Also blood clots are a side effect from one of one of the vaccines. I look for Jr to be a Liberty suporter for the rest of his life. I look for him to purchase a suite for football. I have no problem with it. When a Christian falls they give up any leadership roll, but thats it. Time will tell.
2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Sounds like you don't watch UVA play that much. I […]