This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By hoop20
chris leedlelee wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 6:40 pm
UVALibertyFan wrote: June 3rd, 2020, 4:56 pm How many signatures will it take on the petition to have any impact or does it even matter at all? It's now approaching 30,000 names. I am not an alumnus but have seen many friends who are that have signed it, so I know that actual Liberty alumni are signing it and not just random people.
I, who used to defend Falwell, even signed it. It comes down to the fact that LU could do so much better without him continually tarring our good name. What will it take to get him to go though? Is this a hostage situation? Does he just do what he wants with impunity?
Agreed, I want to find out if it possible to remove the school president via board member vote, and if so, how many votes are needed.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 6th, 2020, 3:34 pm His Twitter account has been silent for 2 days. Doesn't seem like him.
Maybe God is working in his heart... No, more likely he is on vacation. Watch for the pics of Jerry doing something crazy like bareback horse riding in a mountain lake and Becki in the background in her bikini.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:I'm stalking him, they showed up in my news feed :lol:
Not surprising
ballcoach15 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 6:35 pm As I posted last week, LU is one of the most minority friendly universities in the country. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lost in left field.
You said that but gave no reasons or examples as to why you think that. Which is the norm with you but since you brought it up again feel free to give examples as to why. If you aren't willing to do so then you should probably stop because I can find tons of minority students (past and present) who say otherwise.
ATrain liked this
ballcoach15 wrote: June 8th, 2020, 6:35 pm As I posted last week, LU is one of the most minority friendly universities in the country. Anyone who thinks otherwise is lost in left field.
You might wanna sit down with a book and research that opinion. I’m sure just in Virginia alone ODU, Hampton, Norfolk St, VCU and others would dispute that
thepostman, ATrain liked this
No commentary -

“He also said he's considering giving students a Martin Luther King Jr. Day holiday. "I didn't even know we were open," said Falwell.
https://www.wdbj7.com/content/news/A-lo ... 23071.html

Reached by phone Monday, President Jerry Falwell Jr. said inviting Trump on Martin Luther King Jr. Day was a purposeful decision, and it was selected out of several possible dates. “We chose that day so that Mr. Trump would have the opportunity to recognize and honor Dr. King on MLK day,” he said, adding it’s part of Trump’s plan for the speech.
https://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/ ... 03bf5.html
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 9th, 2020, 10:50 am I’m confused
I can only surmise that he is suggesting that Jerry's statement that he did not know the school was open on MLK day is contradicted by the fact that he invited Trump to speak on MLK day in 2016. I don't think that's necessarily the case.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote: June 9th, 2020, 11:05 am
Purple Haize wrote: June 9th, 2020, 10:50 am I’m confused
I can only surmise that he is suggesting that Jerry's statement that he did not know the school was open on MLK day is contradicted by the fact that he invited Trump to speak on MLK day in 2016. I don't think that's necessarily the case.
He's suggesting Trump suporters are deplorable, bad people. Sad.
Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]

Some statistics

So, who is the new hitting coach that Coach Dot wi[…]

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty worthl[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]