This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote: January 24th, 2022, 12:03 pm Vanity Fair just wrote up a piece on Jerry Jr. Haven't read it fully, it's super long, but just saw it today via a link on Drudge.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/01 ... itous-fall
I really like Russell Moore's take on it in CT yesterday: https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... crisy.html
stokesjokes liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I get where Moore is coming from and he is right to an extent but it isn't like nobody tried to speak out against Jerry. Some tried and were quietly removed signing NDA's on their way out. Maybe the church, in general, could have spoken up more but that is pretty hard to do when the people closest to the situation do nothing. Those same people remain in power.....
stokesjokes liked this
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
phoenix wrote: January 28th, 2022, 12:13 pm
rhezick wrote: January 24th, 2022, 12:03 pm Vanity Fair just wrote up a piece on Jerry Jr. Haven't read it fully, it's super long, but just saw it today via a link on Drudge.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/01 ... itous-fall
I really like Russell Moore's take on it in CT yesterday: https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/20 ... crisy.html
Interestingly enough, Jr thought Moore's piece put him in a good light and he tweeted a thank you to Moore. LOL. I'm not sure Jr. actually read the article. :)
"Thank you, @drmoore. . We never met so I apologize for not initiating a dialogue in the past. Now I admire you for your boldness and for proving you are evenhanded and definitely not a hypocrite!"
Perhaps Jr. forgot about the very caustic things he said about Moore in the past. This is the best one:
Who are you @drmoore ? Have you ever made a payroll? Have you ever built an organization of any type from scratch? What gives you authority to speak on any issue? I’m being serious. You’re nothing but an employee- a bureaucrat.
:D
phoenix, stokesjokes liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Take this for what it’s worth but Moore was frequently quoted and used by Liberty religion professors (in a good way) in regards to how to apply scripture to the current state of world affairs in our Sunday School class at TRBC. My take is that he was/is highly regarded by many in the faculty at LU.
By LUaddict
Registration Days Posts
Here is an article summarizing the Vanity Fair article and linking it to Falwell Sr. Honestly the whole confession of drinking by Jerry Sr by Jr surprised me. The whole tidbit about wanting to make money by using religion as a platform on the Vanity fair article didn't surprise me, it just seem to confirm what some of those outside LU think that religious leaders are just trying to make money off of their churchgoers. Some bombshells that Jr dropped in that interview. It makes me a bit sad and makes you feel that what Sr created is founded on a farce, but I don't know. This is my personal opinion, don't judge me for it.

By Just John
Registration Days Posts
LUaddict wrote: February 4th, 2022, 3:01 pm Here is an article summarizing the Vanity Fair article and linking it to Falwell Sr. Honestly the whole confession of drinking by Jerry Sr by Jr surprised me. The whole tidbit about wanting to make money by using religion as a platform on the Vanity fair article didn't surprise me, it just seem to confirm what some of those outside LU think that religious leaders are just trying to make money off of their churchgoers. Some bombshells that Jr dropped in that interview. It makes me a bit sad and makes you feel that what Sr created is founded on a farce, but I don't know. This is my personal opinion, don't judge me for it.

IMO it's not even an accurate recap of the VF article but to any part that is, it puts way too much trust in what Jr claims as he threw everybody but his sister under the bus.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
It's not even good enough to pass for a third rate analysis. Click-bate would be accurate as well. And, it's true that people are gonna believe what they want. But there's not much motivation to believe any of this, unless you have something like a an intense hatred inside you that directs you this way.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure there is a sliver of truth hidden in all of this foolishness but there is no need to put much stock in it. Jr has proven for years that he isn't trustworthy and now he is making that clear to a lot more people.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: February 6th, 2022, 12:44 pm It's not even good enough to pass for a third rate analysis. Click-bate would be accurate as well. And, it's true that people are gonna believe what they want. But there's not much motivation to believe any of this, unless you have something like a an intense hatred inside you that directs you this way.
Whether I agree with an article or not I always do a search to see where the author is coming from. Poletti's are all similar. 🙏
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Maybe we can hire Junior as a consultant and he can guide us through the process. Pretty sure he's not a Pastor/Prez. So, there ya go. And definitely no NyQuill abusers, cold/flu or not. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Deadline wrote:Jerry Falwell Jr. Scripted Series In The Works From Vanity Fair’s Gabriel Sherman, Lionsgate TV & Groundswell Productions

By Peter White
Television Editor
@peterzwhite

March 2, 2022 10:10am

EXCLUSIVE: A limited scripted series exploring the rise and fall of Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr is in the works.

Lionsgate Television has optioned Gabriel Sherman’s Vanity Fair article on Falwell Jr with the journalist and The Loudest Voice in the Room author adapting and exec producing his story with Michael London and Shannon Gaulding of Snowfall producer Groundswell Productions.
Click Here for Full Story
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I'm so confused. Did LU illegally terminate his contract without cause, or did he terminate his contract because LU put him on leave?
LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]