This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
The Bee is run by Christians, and started out mainly poking fun at some aspects of modern Christian culture. They have expanded quite a bit, and the woke left is now a frequent target, but they certainly believe in "equal opportunity" when it comes to who they go after. There is no doubt that with parody, how funny you think it is is affected by your personal feelings about the subject. I have zero issues with them going after JR, or Trump for that matter, and they did hit the target. It just wasn't as funny as a lot of their stuff IMHO.
thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
There stuff is hit or miss. I have found that they don't hit as much these days as they do miss but they certianly go after everybody.

I have found that the conservatives or liberals who write them off are in way too deep in their particular political ideology to be able to laugh at themselves from time to time.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: July 12th, 2020, 12:37 pm There stuff is hit or miss. I have found that they don't hit as much these days as they do miss but they certianly go after everybody.

I have found that the conservatives or liberals who write them off are in way too deep in their particular political ideology to be able to laugh at themselves from time to time.
They need to tread lightly, example Don Imus. 🤠
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
One of the biggest problems facing America is there are too many news media outlets and social media outlets. Probably 90% of media is liberal left wing, who have only 1 mission, attack conservatives.
Liberal reporters are the most dishonest people in America, in my opinion.
I haven't watched TV news in over 3 years.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 5:35 pm One of the biggest problems facing America is there are too many news media outlets and social media outlets. Probably 90% of media is liberal left wing, who have only 1 mission, attack conservatives.
Probably a good thing. They're still calling you deplorable every night :lol:
jbock13 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:43 am
ballcoach15 wrote:I'm not familiar with the Bee, but my initial impression is it's a liberal rag
:lol:
That made life worth living :D
ballcoach15 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 5:35 pm One of the biggest problems facing America is there are too many news media outlets and social media outlets. Probably 90% of media is liberal left wing, who have only 1 mission, attack conservatives.
If you have t watched then how do you know what they say?
thepostman, Just John liked this
Class of 20Something wrote: July 12th, 2020, 7:49 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 11:07 am Notice, my first sentence was, "I am not familiar with the Bee".
That's your problem. You admit unfamiliarity then proceed to give an opinion.
I’m not familiar with MP’s but I imagine they were the wash outs in Basic training who couldn’t become real soldiers so they just direct traffic and write parking tickets. Study
By tyndal23
Purple Haize wrote: July 12th, 2020, 8:05 pm
Class of 20Something wrote: July 12th, 2020, 7:49 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 11:07 am Notice, my first sentence was, "I am not familiar with the Bee".
That's your problem. You admit unfamiliarity then proceed to give an opinion.
I’m not familiar with MP’s but I imagine they were the wash outs in Basic training who couldn’t become real soldiers so they just direct traffic and write parking tickets. Study
Someone needs to read a Lee Child novel...
JK37 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Careful @Purple Haize, @Class of 20Something was Security Forces, the AF equivalent of a MP. Of course he doesn't bring it up any chance he gets and clearly showed intelligence by joining the Air Force.
thepostman wrote: July 12th, 2020, 8:08 pm Careful @Purple Haize, @Class of 20Something was Security Forces, the AF equivalent of a MP. Of course he doesn't bring it up any chance he gets and clearly showed intelligence by joining the Air Force.
I’m just demonstrating to fraudcoach what he looks like to the rest of us

As for MP’s.....I do have opinions because I’ve run into a few. NONE were Jack Reacher
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 12th, 2020, 7:16 pm
If you have t watched then how do you know what they say?
Why do you even try, PH?!! :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I mean sometimes pointing out the blatantly obvious is helpful. And remember, I’m not arguing for this call, I’m arguing for the next call
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Thought about starting a new thread on this but since this has Jerry's name all over it, I figured I put it here.

Liberty University sues NY Times for defamation

On July 15, Liberty University filed suit against The New York Times, its reporter Elizabeth Williamson, and a photographer alleging defamation and other claims arising from their intentionally false reporting that, among other things, misrepresented that (a) Liberty University suffered a COVID-19 outbreak when it “re-open[ed]” its campus after spring break; (b) it had “nearly a dozen” students sick with COVID symptoms; and (c) it had ignored government guidelines in reopening. These intentionally false and defamatory claims were unmistakable and reflected in The New York Times’ headlines, including “Liberty Brings Back its Students, and Coronavirus, Too” and “A University Reopened, and Students Got Sick.”
Whatisthetruth wrote: July 15th, 2020, 4:01 pm https://www.breitbart.com/radio/2020/07 ... -or-masks/

Good to know nobody is scared of the virus and there will be no masks or social distancing this Fall. I am sure if games are played opponents will not have an issue travelling to campus.

Oh, and the usual threat of a lawsuit. The only question is if he is still using the meanest lawyer in NY.
I’m with Junior on this one
jinxy, LU 57, ballcoach15 and 1 others liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
Even with our best football attendance we were well short of capacity. Add in the folks that will be scared to come out and were probably looking at 15k at football games in a 25k stadium.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

I'm not a fan of Cleveland trying to play point gu[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://x.com/ChrisVannini/status/17825216333887[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

I bet those are a joy. Texas poltical ads are a […]

New Mexico State

1 change and a couple of tweaks. But we swung ba[…]