This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:19 pm
When you are at war, you don't turn the other cheek.
Out of curiosity, where is this found in the Bible? It certainly doesn't line up with the teachings of Jesus.
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:19 pm Move on. Go to Baylor.
Ironically enough, my fear is we turn into Baylor. Simply allowing our desires to be a large, successful school justify poor behavior from our leaders. Sweeping things under the rug until it is much too late.
By Saint Augustine777
Purple Haize wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:37 pm That’s a very outdated management philosophy. Still used but not as productive in an academic or even white collar setting. People are not the cogs in a wheel this type of “love it or leave it” management style advocates.
Secondly, there are several ways to wage war. We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and what not. Using tactics that we condemn in this type conflict negates the goal we are trying to achieve. Now in an Earthly conflict I say Water Board them all 😁
If God needed Humans to keep Christianity alive, then I’d question that God. Christ was here before us and will be here after us. He is eternal, Christianity is eternal.
Dude we are a decade away from being martyr in our own country. Wake up. If Hillary won the election, every nonprofit that did not tow her line would be under audit. Then the for profits. Then us.

Christianity is in decline in the West. The third world is sending missionaries to us. In my own Church it is rare that I hear a mass spoken by a native English speaker or a non African. Those African priests give us Catholic a good idea what the other side has in store for us. So I am not willing to lay down my arms and left the progressive/communists overthrow our great country.

And perhaps Jesus placed Jerry Junior in his place? and POTUS? Could that be?
By Saint Augustine777
thepostman wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:53 pm
Out of curiosity, where is this found in the Bible? It certainly doesn't line up with the teachings of Jesus.
Pacifist are you? The Bible does not teach pacifism. Wow I have I stumbled unto a LU site run by progressives? I guess the post inviting people to come over from the fake LU subreddit didn't work out as planned.
Last edited by Saint Augustine777 on September 21st, 2019, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:49 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:33 pm I've never worked for the federal government. My professional experience is all in the private sector aside from my decision to teach in the public school system.

Once again, the ends don't always justify the means. It's clear that you believe they do. You're not alone in thinking that way. Just not the conclusions I've come to as I've matured through life.
I don't feel the ends justify the means, so please stop exagerating what I say. Hitler was efficient. I don't think his ends justified his means. Jerry is not Hitler. See how that works?
Lol, I’m just pointing out what you keep saying.
By Saint Augustine777
Yacht Rock wrote: September 21st, 2019, 2:02 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:33 pm I've never worked for the federal government. My professional experience is all in the private sector aside from my decision to teach in the public school system.

Once again, the ends don't always justify the means. It's clear that you believe they do. You're not alone in thinking that way. Just not the conclusions I've come to as I've matured through life.
I don't feel the ends justify the means, so please stop exagerating what I say. Hitler was efficient. I don't think his ends justified his means. Jerry is not Hitler. See how that works?
Lol, I’m just pointing out what you keep saying.
We obviously have decided to agree to disagree without being respectful.

Hey mods, you might want to ban me...this discussion won't end well the way it is going. This is the worst LU site I have ever seen.
Last edited by Saint Augustine777 on September 21st, 2019, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 2:00 pm
Pacifist are you? The Bible does not teach pacifism. Wow I have I stumbled unto a LU site run by progressives? I guess the post inviting people to come over from the fake LU subreddit didn't work out as planned.
I simply asked a question and look forward to you answering that question.

I am glad you are here. I enjoy discussing things with people I may not see eye to eye with. I hope you stick around and I really hope you can answer my questions.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:52 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:35 pm
I am a Roman Catholic. We played the culture war games hardball. Meanwhile Evangelicals tossed up virtual white flags, turning the other cheek during the culture wars thereby losing them. Eventually my church's sex scandal which is now expanding to other institutions, including evangelical ones limited my church's effectiveness. But evangelicals gave up.

When you are at war, you don't turn the other cheek. We are fighting for the soul of not only America but the survival of Christianity. This fight is not for the feint of heart. I have more important issues than HR affairs to worry about. IF the professors don't like their working conditions THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE ME WAITING IN THE WINGS TO GLADLY TAKE THEIR PLACE WHO WILL ABIDE BY THE RULES. Academia is a buyer's market. Seller beware and if you don't like who you work for, employment at will works two ways. Move on. Go to Baylor.
Yeah, that kind of attitude isn't how good businesses attract talent. I'm not sure what kind of experience you have in talent recruitment and retention but that kind of attitude won't get you a very talented workforce.
In a buyer's market it will get you talent. Supply vs. Demand. There are plenty of unemployed PHDs who are very talented teachers and know how to play by the rules. Many more PHDs than jobs for PHDs.
By Saint Augustine777
Yacht Rock wrote: September 21st, 2019, 2:07 pm
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:52 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:35 pm

Yeah, that kind of attitude isn't how good businesses attract talent. I'm not sure what kind of experience you have in talent recruitment and retention but that kind of attitude won't get you a very talented workforce.
In a buyer's market it will get you talent. Supply vs. Demand. There are plenty of unemployed PHDs who are very talented teachers and know how to play by the rules. Many more PHDs than jobs for PHDs.
Is there a way I can ignore this guy? Where is the ignore button?

BTW user name checks out.
Last edited by Saint Augustine777 on September 21st, 2019, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Come on @Saint Augustine777 , we don't have to see eye to eye! It is good to have these kinds of discussions. What good are we as people if we always surround ourselves with people you agree with us 100% of the time!??
By Saint Augustine777
thepostman wrote: September 21st, 2019, 2:10 pm Come on @Saint Augustine777 , we don't have to see eye to eye! It is good to have these kinds of discussions. What good are we as people if we always surround ourselves with people you agree with us 100% of the time!??
Not you brother. You've got some real internet wusses over here. but not you. You're okay.
By Jonathan Carone
The way all of the pro Jerry posters use the same talking points combined with the amount he and Becki read this board make me consider the possibility there may be a colored bird involved here.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The way all of the pro Jerry posters use the same talking points combined with the amount he and Becki read this board make me consider the possibility there may be a colored bird involved here.
Yeah, I thought the same thing.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 21st, 2019, 2:23 pm The way all of the pro Jerry posters use the same talking points combined with the amount he and Becki read this board make me consider the possibility there may be a colored bird involved here.
+1

It's uncanny how they all speak the same. Not only has Jerry got his social media team retweeting Charlie Kirk on the @Libertyu twitter account he has them posting on flamefans.
Last edited by ballah09 on September 21st, 2019, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Saint Augustine777
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 21st, 2019, 2:23 pm The way all of the pro Jerry posters use the same talking points combined with the amount he and Becki read this board make me consider the possibility there may be a colored bird involved here.
Ignored as well.
By Saint Augustine777
Since I cannot ignore you, you being admin, please delete my account. This place isn't worth my time.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 2:12 pm
thepostman wrote: September 21st, 2019, 2:10 pm Come on @Saint Augustine777 , we don't have to see eye to eye! It is good to have these kinds of discussions. What good are we as people if we always surround ourselves with people you agree with us 100% of the time!??
Not you brother. You've got some real internet wusses over here. but not you. You're okay.

Poe's Law and Godwin's Law in the same week? Someone pinch me.
By Thirdbase
Saint Augustine777 wrote:And I work my behind off to maintain a 4.0 GPA in my masters program.
If that's an online program, some of your classmates have a 4.0 with half the effort.
Saint Augustine777 wrote:IF the professors don't like their working conditions THERE ARE PEOPLE LIKE ME WAITING IN THE WINGS TO GLADLY TAKE THEIR PLACE WHO WILL ABIDE BY THE RULES.
If you're a Roman Catholic, you're not qualified to take anyone's place... unless that standard has also eroded under current leadership.
Saint Augustine777 wrote:What a Christian attitude, are you sure you are not Jerry Jr.'s twin?
Classic example of the pot calling the kettle black. The style and tone of your posts look suspiciously similar to Junior's tweets. I'm surprised you haven't told me to grow a pair. But maybe Becki scolded you for that, Jerry, and reminded you that it would be less vulgar to say something like, put your big-boy pants on.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:05 pm
ballah09 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 12:47 pm @Saint Augustine777

Lets start with the censoring and firing of faculty and students that have different political opinions. Name calling and doing just about everything that goes against the Liberty way. What else? When he said it's not his job about the spiritually of the school , that should be a red flag alone.

Lastly academics are getting worse and worse under Jr. Quality professors are getting let go and the good ones are leaving because of the fear and the censorship.
I have not seen any of this. But I have no problem firing a Tran-sexual Professor or a liberal theology professor. We have Muslim students, so I doubt any students are expelled for their beliefs.
I came back to Liberty for the academics. And I work my behind off to maintain a 4.0 GPA in my masters program.
LOL it's been well documented. Nice that you don't want diverse thought at Liberty and you say the academics are great. :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ironically enough, my fear is we turn into Baylor. Simply allowing our desires to be a large, successful school justify poor behavior from our leaders. Sweeping things under the rug until it is much too late.
Well it used to be Liberty Valley before it was Liberty Mountain....
By Saint Augustine777
If you're a Roman Catholic, you're not qualified to take anyone's place... unless that standard has also eroded under current leadership.

Ahh an Anti Catholic bigot.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 2:31 pm
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:05 pm
ballah09 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 12:47 pm @Saint Augustine777

Lets start with the censoring and firing of faculty and students that have different political opinions. Name calling and doing just about everything that goes against the Liberty way. What else? When he said it's not his job about the spiritually of the school , that should be a red flag alone.

Lastly academics are getting worse and worse under Jr. Quality professors are getting let go and the good ones are leaving because of the fear and the censorship.
I have not seen any of this. But I have no problem firing a Tran-sexual Professor or a liberal theology professor. We have Muslim students, so I doubt any students are expelled for their beliefs.
I came back to Liberty for the academics. And I work my behind off to maintain a 4.0 GPA in my masters program.
LOL it's been well documented. Nice that you don't want diverse thought at Liberty and you say the academics are great. :roll:
That was one of the funniest thing I read and wanted to comment on. Also, his ideas of how to run a business are the opposite of what Liberty teaches in the School of Business. LOL. This has provided for some afternoon entertainment.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Saint Augustine777 wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:59 pm
Purple Haize wrote: September 21st, 2019, 1:37 pm That’s a very outdated management philosophy. Still used but not as productive in an academic or even white collar setting. People are not the cogs in a wheel this type of “love it or leave it” management style advocates.
Secondly, there are several ways to wage war. We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers and what not. Using tactics that we condemn in this type conflict negates the goal we are trying to achieve. Now in an Earthly conflict I say Water Board them all 😁
If God needed Humans to keep Christianity alive, then I’d question that God. Christ was here before us and will be here after us. He is eternal, Christianity is eternal.
Dude we are a decade away from being martyr in our own country. Wake up. If Hillary won the election, every nonprofit that did not tow her line would be under audit. Then the for profits. Then us.

Christianity is in decline in the West. The third world is sending missionaries to us. In my own Church it is rare that I hear a mass spoken by a native English speaker or a non African. Those African priests give us Catholic a good idea what the other side has in store for us. So I am not willing to lay down my arms and left the progressive/communists overthrow our great country.

And perhaps Jesus placed Jerry Junior in his place? and POTUS? Could that be?
Somehow my first reply didn’t make it so I’ll try again but different

I’m glad to see you put Trump and Junior in the same sentence. It’s a standard play by deep throated Junior supporters like yourself. They are different individuals in different roles with different expectations
God has a plan for Mankind regardless the Leader. So yes, Trump and Jerry are here for a reason. As was Obama. As was Clinton and Bush.
Your previous post said that we were battling for the literal existence of Christianity. Then this post you say that Priests from other Countries are basically shinning examples of Catholicism. Then you say we are a decade away from being martyrs here in America. I’ve seen that movie growing up in the 80’s. Would love to see the A Distant Thunder Trilogy remade. It would be awesome.
You told us not to conflate religion and business then go on to conflate religion and politics. I prefer my politics not to be run by preachers or Evangelical Leaders. I also prefer my Leaders not to be antagonistic towards my beliefs. It’s why I shy away from Liberal and the Hard Religious Right. I was surprisingly stunned Trump won. As noted earlier I’m probably his biggest advocate and hope he wins in 2020. There is no one on the Democrat side that remotely peaks my interest and not voting is not an option for me
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]