This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Fighting off the desire to be reactionary. The perceptions in this article are not good. I would like to see them in their context, before making the final judgment for myself. Certainly seems to be a lot of smoke however, from questionable sources.
I have know Kevin for 40+ years and have never heard anyone say anything bad about him. I know he is a hard worker and devoted.
Now, I don't know the police chief, but I can say from personal experience, that some of their officers are as dumb as rocks. (I mean no disrespect to the box of rocks).
By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:29 pm
flameshaw wrote: September 12th, 2019, 11:50 am
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 12th, 2019, 11:47 am The students are planning a protest after convo. We'll see how quickly that gets shut down.
Looks like about an hour. :) Will be interesting.
Today is Thursday.
Today is Thursday? #fakenews
Last edited by rhezick on September 12th, 2019, 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By rhezick
Registration Days Posts
makarov97 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:35 pm Absolutely laughable? A hit piece from FRICKIN ROOTERS? Chopped up e-mails that even as manipulated, twisted and chopped by ROOTERS aren't bad?

The 2015 email about parking that ROOTERS is making a big deal out of? Telling kids that they need to follow the rules or go to another college? Wah.

The 2010 email about the retarded kid? Nothing there either. He said that he was a nice kid. Period. He just made an observation that he was emotionally imbalanced and physically retarded. Oh wait... that's what the holier than thou crowd doesn't like. Jerry used an NON-APPROVED NON-PC TERM.... Wah.

Notice that ROOTERS didn't provide partial screen grabs of the other e-mails. So I don't believe anything they say about those.
Well that works out. Because no one here really believes anything you say either. So... win-win!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Hinkley and Keys? Wow. Those dudes bleed LU.
I wonder if the “off campus gym “ referred to was Crosswhite
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 12th, 2019, 11:47 am The students are planning a protest after convo. We'll see how quickly that gets shut down.
Today is Thursday.
I realize that. The poster for the "rally" shows it is scheduled for an hour. :roll:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
A quick admin note:

This is a sensitive issue and one that we are all passionate about, but if you are unable to converse without getting personal then maybe you should take a step back. I will begin deleting posts that aren't directly related to the subject.
flameshaw wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:07 pm

Today is Thursday.
I realize that. The poster for the "rally" shows it is scheduled for an hour. :roll:

Totally thought you meant it started in an hour.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:11 pm A quick admin note:

This is a sensitive issue and one that we are all passionate about, but if you are unable to converse without getting personal then maybe you should take a step back. I will begin deleting posts that aren't directly related to the subject.
Fascist :D
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: September 12th, 2019, 2:20 pm
thepostman wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:11 pm A quick admin note:

Fascist :D
Safe space :lol:
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I'm slightly annoyed that my post was deleted for saying something sounded hateful yet several posts calling a group of people sodomites is cool.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: September 12th, 2019, 2:30 pm I'm slightly annoyed that my post was deleted for saying something sounded hateful yet several posts calling a group of people sodomites is cool.
You're a big boy. :lol: You'll be okay. No safe spaces here. :lol:
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
In hindsight, on family vacation in Florida Jr would have probably passed on the nightclub stop. If I remember right I saw some cool pictures he posted of fish they caught on a sportfishing trip that week. Typical vacation stuff. To bad I can only afford myrtle beach a beach music dive and a head boat. :lol:
Last edited by TH Spangler on September 12th, 2019, 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Election 2022 and 2024

Oh. You were serious. I see a lot of chatter fro[…]

UTEP

Need a series win to clinch regular season title, […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

Venzant is transferring to Abilene Christian, a co[…]

Some statistics

Sometimes coaches will try to implement a philosop[…]