This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Just John
Registration Days Posts
I know it hasn't really moved on quite yet, but I feel Jr's time is fading quickly in the rear view mirror, at least for many of us. Yes, sadly, the non-LU world who only know us primarily because of his antics will continue to think of LU in that light but I don't hear much talk about it in the community now.

Onward and upward.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Most of my friends here in Texas who have grown accustomed over the past few decades of seeing me adorned in LU gear have been sending me congratulatory texts and FB messages. I suspect maybe one out of ten has even the slightest connection of Liberty and the Falwells. It is almost like the past month has done more for recognition in my corner of the world than decades of marketing and promotion.
ballcoach15, LU 57, thepostman and 2 others liked this
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I don't feel as ashamed to tell people I graduated from Liberty these days. That, in itself, is a victory.

We were talking about Liberty with our children the other day, they are 10 and 6, and found myself longing for a Falwell Sr. convo. I hated them when I was a student, but I'd give anything to go back, smack a younger me in the back of the head, and tell him to pay better attention.

I hope this thing with Jerry Jr. passes quickly and Liberty move on.
olldflame, LU 57, thepostman and 1 others liked this
By BlueBlood
Agree with all of this.

During the summer, there were remarks (and chuckles) from my neighbors (in Tampa) about Jerry. They know my daughters go there and we aren't shy about wearing the gear.

These days, the neighbors comments are all about the football team being ranked, the VT game, the crazy finish, Malik Willis, whether coach will stay, how nice the facilities and campus look, etc.

Very nice change.
thepostman liked this
By CinciFlame
Registration Days Posts
I coach an 8th grade basketball team at a Christian school in Cincinnati. My players talk football all the time as most are Ohio St, Notre Dame and a few UC fans. Although I wear my Liberty gear none have ever brought up Liberty football until the Va Tech game. Now several of them are asking me who does Liberty play next? Winning changes things.
BlueBlood, LU 57 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
In an odd turn of events, Jerry was on campus yesterday to tour the new basketball arena. I was under the impression he was no longer allowed on campus. At least that is what his lawsuit claims.

He shared pictures on Instagram. Feel free to find them but I won't be posting them here.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 20th, 2020, 7:32 am In an odd turn of events, Jerry was on campus yesterday to tour the new basketball arena. I was under the impression he was no longer allowed on campus. At least that is what his lawsuit claims.

He shared pictures on Instagram. Feel free to find them but I won't be posting them here.
He is the contractor...
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
I saw that. Between his tweet after the VT win and now this, he's slowly seeping back in which is very concerning to me. The man is literally suing the university, why is he given a tour of the arena?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
It's crazy to me how serious and outlandish the allegations got and how it just kind of... went away.
By Jonathan Carone
LUconn wrote: November 20th, 2020, 9:45 am It's crazy to me how serious and outlandish the allegations got and how it just kind of... went away.
There was another pool boy article this week with him telling more details from his side of things.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
The fact he’s show boating like that being on campus when he’s supposedly banned just shows how dumb and spineless the BoT are. Getting sued and act like nothing is happening. He truly owns Liberty.

Everyone has to go.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 20th, 2020, 8:23 am Is he? Feel free to elaborate.

Either way, it kind of goes against what he said in lawsuit about being banned from campus.
CMA built the arena. I'm pretty sure he has fingers in the organization, at least this is the take from vendors who work on CMA projects. (Names withheld to protect the innocent!)
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I do remember reading something about that but couldn't remember the details.

Still doesn't change the fact that it just makes his lawsuit look even more ridiculous since he is clearly not "banned from campus"
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I do remember reading something about that but couldn't remember the details.

Still doesn't change the fact that it just makes his lawsuit look even more ridiculous since he is clearly not "banned from campus"
Hopefully when/if this gets before a judge this post comes up showcasing that he either clearly isn't banned from campus or it isn't being enforced.

The flip side to whether or not he is banned from campus or not, we can't forget he still has both son's and other family on the inside, one who's a VP. Until that is rectified he will always have influence in the school either directly or through his channels.
By Whatisthetruth
bluedevilflame wrote: November 20th, 2020, 12:15 pm
thepostman wrote:I do remember reading something about that but couldn't remember the details.

Hopefully when/if this gets before a judge this post comes up showcasing that he either clearly isn't banned from campus or it isn't being enforced.

The flip side to whether or not he is banned from campus or not, we can't forget he still has both son's and other family on the inside, one who's a VP. Until that is rectified he will always have influence in the school either directly or through his channels.
Re: the banned from campus point. Jr is a smart guy, the VP of construction gave the tour. Of course he currently works for Trey and formerly worked for CMA/Bobby Moon. Didn't Prevo tell LU staff they should not be interacting with Jr?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I think it's pretty obvious that Prevo is a doormat who is just trying to change the window dressing. This is all part of the SBC disgraced pastor playbook. The investigation will find minor misconduct. And the prodigal son will have a glorious restoration in a few years. Maybe not back to the top but back in the limelight. We'll be a national joke and claim that the world hates us because we're Christians as opposed to abuse enablers. The only interesting part is Jerry flaunting it. Normally they stay quiet until the coast is clear.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Plenty of people still would welcome him back. We are in a bit vacuum here as most want the school to distance itself from Jerry but all you have to do is take a look at some of the conversations on some LU alumni Facebook groups to see that peoole are starting to warm up to bring him back.

I hope it doesn't happen but if it does my support will be gone.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
That was actually your neighbor dressed like Falwell lurking around on campus. He's hoping that he can get inside your head and prompt you to take that flag off your lawn.
Last edited by paradox on November 20th, 2020, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just remember that fine academic institution,[…]

DOE Report

Gotta love presidential election season :roll:

Some statistics

After doing some checking, I discovered that in […]

Election 2022 and 2024

PH do you think Claudia Tenney would be a good VP […]