This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Well, he isn't suppose to be on campus while the investigation is ongoing. If you don't see that as a problem, I don't know what to tell you.

At some point we may get to the point where having him around wouldn't be a big deal but he has never acknowledged any wrongdoing. So we are a long way from that.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: March 14th, 2021, 2:23 pm Clearly he doesn't feel threatened by our current leadership if he is publically saying he is visiting campus cruising for coeds. More indicators that the current leadership is a joke.

With that said, I do hope he can recover quickly and that he won't have further complications.
FIFY :D :D (Too soon?)
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote: March 14th, 2021, 5:13 pm I don't know what's the bigger joke, our leadership or the Jr apologists.
You've got to consider that the Executive Committee is made up folks who think like TH and Ballcoach. Most of the board members wouldn't even do a good job leading their local YMCA... that includes the current Jerry.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 14th, 2021, 3:41 pm Sounds like he could be recovering from covin19. Also blood clots are a side effect from one of one of the vaccines. I look for Jr to be a Liberty suporter for the rest of his life. I look for him to purchase a suite for football. I have no problem with it. When a Christian falls they give up any leadership roll, but thats it. Time will tell.
Using his timeline the vaccines were not available when he started getting treatment for what they found later to be blood clots.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 15th, 2021, 8:45 am
Just John wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:30 amUsing his timeline the vaccines were not available when he started getting treatment for what they found later to be blood clots.
Most likely "skinny jean syndrome". :lol:

https://indianexpress.com/article/lifes ... t-6131684/

Seriously, glad he's doing better.
...because all the students are wondering where he is.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: March 15th, 2021, 8:45 am
Just John wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:30 amUsing his timeline the vaccines were not available when he started getting treatment for what they found later to be blood clots.
Most likely "skinny jean syndrome". :lol:

https://indianexpress.com/article/lifes ... t-6131684/

Seriously, glad he's doing better.
Absolutely, I wish him no ill will. But I do wish he would just go away and quit referencing LU in his public, social, communications.
thepostman, LU 57, jinxy liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 18th, 2021, 1:17 pm I know a lot of you guys will dismiss this coming from Save71, but it’s certainly not far-fetched and definitely disheartening if true.

I totally believe and unfortunately expected this. Considering the lack of moves that have been made to clean up the situation other than pay Junior nothing has happened.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure it is at least partly true and not surprising at all. I really am hoping some things change during the summer. The lack of any news coming out from the school or the investigation team for so long doesn't sit well with me.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Exactly what everyone knew would happen. I'm sure there will be something of little consequence brought up just to be able to say "see, we found something. It was an earnest effort".
By Longshots
ballah09 wrote:I don't know what's the bigger joke, our leadership or the Jr apologists.
10000%. If this happened at Coastal or an in-state school people on here would be having a field day. Those people are the reason the board and previous administration thought they could get away with whatever they want.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: March 18th, 2021, 1:17 pm I know a lot of you guys will dismiss this coming from Save71, but it’s certainly not far-fetched and definitely disheartening if true.

Personally, not dismissing out of hand, but based on my inter-action with Save71, I would seriously question the depth of the accusations. "Employees" 2 or 50? "electronic surveillance"? broad scope. (I do know some employees would not say certain things on the phone). "Sexual harassment"? woke definition or legal? I am certain, it happened. How many times, severity?
I am not trying to make excuses for the bored or Jr. Very disappointed in both. I believe most, if not all should be replaced.
It would be helpful for their cause if Save71, named specific sources/actions, etc.
Agree with whomever said this is taking way too long and some things have been clear enough, for a long time, that some action(s) are already long overdue.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: March 18th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Personally, not dismissing out of hand, but based on my inter-action with Save71, I would seriously question the depth of the accusations. "Employees" 2 or 50? "electronic surveillance"? broad scope. (I do know some employees would not say certain things on the phone). "Sexual harassment"? woke definition or legal? I am certain, it happened. How many times, severity?
I am not trying to make excuses for the bored or Jr. Very disappointed in both. I believe most, if not all should be replaced.
It would be helpful for their cause if Save71, named specific sources/actions, etc.
Agree with whomever said this is taking way too long and some things have been clear enough, for a long time, that some action(s) are already long overdue.
Okay, but isn't the point that we can't know these things because they won't even meet with anyone? I mean, in an investigation you have to talk to people, right? As many as you can. And then look into what they're saying. Sort of like, hmmm, investigate.

Did anyone on here ever submit anything to the claims portal they had at the beginning? I thought about it, but never did.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote: March 19th, 2021, 12:09 pm
flameshaw wrote: March 18th, 2021, 7:38 pm

Okay, but isn't the point that we can't know these things because they won't even meet with anyone? I mean, in an investigation you have to talk to people, right? As many as you can. And then look into what they're saying. Sort of like, hmmm, investigate.

Did anyone on here ever submit anything to the claims portal they had at the beginning? I thought about it, but never did.
I know they have met with some people. The concern that I have, is that people/groups like Save71, believe that if they refused to speak to one of "their people" that they are not speaking to anyone.
Save 71 is extremely biased against Jr. It would be like the other extreme, asking Becky or Jr's kids for comment. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Sifting through it is a challenge.
At the minimum, "fancy pants" should be gone by now, (I believe I know why he isn't), and a date certain should be established for Prevo to move on. If, I was qualified to do the job, I am too old. He is older than me.
Finally, those who were in the know, and did nothing, should be released from the bored immediately. Some have known for many years and let things slide. Just my .02.
flamehunter liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I get you think they have a bias, and maybe they do. I can't say. But to equate the investigators not even listening to individuals who claim to have first hand knowledge of financial impropriety with not listening to Becky is not the smartest comparison. Why not listen and then discard if you don't find credibility? That's how investigations work.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:11 pm I get you think they have a bias, and maybe they do. I can't say. But to equate the investigators not even listening to individuals who claim to have first hand knowledge of financial impropriety with not listening to Becky is not the smartest comparison. Why not listen and then discard if you don't find credibility? That's how investigations work.
I spoke to the Save 71 guy, when he began this deal. I wanted to help him, because we shared a lot of the same views and I did have an excellent inside source. I backed off, once I saw it was much more than fact-finding mission/anti Jr. IMO. I am certain the investigators have talked to people with first hand knowledge of the situation. According to Save71 tweet, they have just refused to listen to some of those people. That is if you have full confidence in the tweet.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:39 pm
LUconn wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:11 pm I get you think they have a bias, and maybe they do. I can't say. But to equate the investigators not even listening to individuals who claim to have first hand knowledge of financial impropriety with not listening to Becky is not the smartest comparison. Why not listen and then discard if you don't find credibility? That's how investigations work.
I spoke to the Save 71 guy, when he began this deal. I wanted to help him, because we shared a lot of the same views and I did have an excellent inside source. I backed off, once I saw it was much more than fact-finding mission/anti Jr. IMO. I am certain the investigators have talked to people with first hand knowledge of the situation. According to Save71 tweet, they have just refused to listen to some of those people. That is if you have full confidence in the tweet.
If I were running save71, and I couldn't get any traction with my vast amounts of tweets, I would find some investigative reporter from a major news source that would want to dig into this a little bit more deeply and help get to the bottom of it. I don't think there is anyone there who would be able to deflect the media the way Junior did. I think that if Prevo or other board members were confronted directly they would have to come up with some answers. When outsiders got to people like Carol Hudson, it was pretty easy to see how Jerry's corrupt actions were so easily accepted by the executive committee. It might make a difference now. One other thing that save71 would consider is to get into the ear of some investigator from the department of education. While LU is likely too big to have major issues, the added pressure would have an impact.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
But you also said Jr would be back in a few months so at this point, I'd trust Save71 over you on this issue. I think Save71 means well, but I also think they focused way too much on the Trump stuff early on in their pursuit of doing some good things. This turned off a lot of people that could have been allies of theirs which is unfortunate because they have good intentions but allowed themselves, at least temporarily, to get lost in the world of Trump.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]