This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 9th, 2019, 6:02 pm
LUconn wrote: September 9th, 2019, 5:10 pm Jerry was caught lying twice in this article with photographic evidence to back it up. There's not even any obvious reasons behind those lies. They seem pointless. I can't even imagine the bigger picture behind that, that we'll most likely never see. If you think this is a media conspiracy, you're living in your grandmother's chain email world.

Anonymity was explained. Some signed confidentially agreements, some are scaredy pants. Doesn't make them fake.
If he’s going to openly lie about something as trivial as seeing a DJ in a club then what else would he lie about?
Anything.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: September 9th, 2019, 7:45 pm yeah, no big or true story was ever garnered from anonymous sources.
Yep, Watergate reporting was largely done with the help of anonymous sources, most famously Deep Throat, whose identity wasn't even unveiled until 2005. Just to name one big, true story...
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: September 9th, 2019, 8:13 pm
LUconn wrote: September 9th, 2019, 7:45 pm yeah, no big or true story was ever garnered from anonymous sources.
I misunderestimated the team aspect of this whole thing. I thought we were all on team Liberty on this board. I didn't realize there was so many team Trumps.
Yeah, it's okay to be skeptical, but some of the head in the sand stuff is comical. I almost feel like we're being trolled by people people who are pretending they don't understand critical thinking.
Well there is a growing anti-education movement in some conservative circles, so can you really be surprised?
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 8:42 pm I read that article while on campus today. If it were a book, it would be in the fiction section at Barnes & Noble.

All of these bad journalists are attacking Liberty, because of LU's support of President Trump.
WEll to be fair to LU, it's not LU's support of Trump, it's individuals support of Trump. The institution of LU can't legally support a political candidate unless the laws have changed and I'm not aware of it.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: September 9th, 2019, 9:37 pm Two things can be true at once:

1) Jerry is an excellent businessman. Liberty would not have $3 billion in assets and be a nationally prominent school without his work on behalf of LU. In this way, he has advanced the Christian mission by advancing a flailing Christian school this far.

2) Jerry has an ego and other poor leadership qualities that you wouldn't desire in a leader of a Christian organization.
Sounds like his ego and at least some of his "leadership" qualities, based off previous stuff I have read, aren't what you would desire in any organization at any level.
By lynchburgwildcats
Registration Days Posts
Just John wrote: September 10th, 2019, 12:02 am
makarov97 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 2:45 pm
prototype wrote: September 9th, 2019, 11:19 am All that information is written to be as negative as possible and is not even close to being accurate. Trey wasn't even employed by Liberty when Tourism was formed as a partnership with Liberty. Amazing how they can twist stuff when they want to...
I don't believe anything in the story. It came from Polutico, (a far left communist rag) and interestingly enough was coordinated with other media outlets who have had Liberty in the sights for a long time.

Anyone who doesn't see the Soros puppet strings here is willfully blind.

The dirtbag media lies. On a daily basis. This is a coordinated hit piece by people who hate President Trump and Liberty University.

The people (some on this board included) who want Liberty to morph into a "progressive" abortion and sodomite "accepting" institution are willing to believe whatever the media trash throws at the wall. They don't need anything other than a fiction account purported to be news to latch on to so they can push their own agenda.

The real issue here is the lying media. The media needs to lose its NY Times v. Sullivan protection. Until that happens, nothing will change.
Just about every word of this is nonsense. I had a friend tell me yesterday that if HRC was elected we would be in reeducation camps today because we are Christians. I like this guy but this kind of rhetoric is just nonsense

I'm very conservative, never voted for a Democrat in my life, and my daughter is named after Ronald Reagan. If we are to be taken seriously and try to win people's minds over to our side, we have to be rational.
You named your daughter after Ronald Reagan? YIKES
By rhezick
Class of 20Something wrote: September 9th, 2019, 5:44 pm Re:the board

They may be speaking anonymously to see if they can gauge their collective reactions. "coming out" as one gets them DeMossed. This could let them find out if they have the votes they need without outing themselves.
After reading that hill article where Jr. alleges "criminal conspiracy against him by former board members" I gotta admit... nice call on that one. Jr. just admitted that former board members are part of the sources... where there's smoke.

Side note, I know this is crazy town thinking (but aren't we already down that road?) but is this site in danger? I really hope not. We're openly and freely discussing LU (the horror). Doesn't anyone feel like a SLAP suit is lurking around the corner at any moment?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 10th, 2019, 1:51 pm Here’s the amazing thing:

By bringing the FBI in to investigate the leaked emails, he's not saying what was reported is not true.

He's saying the information was illegally obtained.
Is the FBI even obligated to investigate this? I'm assuming if POTUS "recommends," they do, then yes, but otherwise...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Seriously? He’s calling in the FBI? Good grief. Talk about over reacting
I don’t think this site is in danger. Especially since they have changed the name. The accesss might become limited though
By Jonathan Carone
rhezick wrote: September 10th, 2019, 5:12 pm Side note, I know this is crazy town thinking (but aren't we already down that road?) but is this site in danger? I really hope not. We're openly and freely discussing LU (the horror). Doesn't anyone feel like a SLAP suit is lurking around the corner at any moment?
He’s been trying to shut this board down for over a decade and had multiple Facebook groups shut down yesterday. Our time here could be limited.
By Jonathan Carone
It’s also worth noting that The Politico report is written by a journalist named Brandon Ambrosino who is a Liberty graduate. In the AP interview, he called Ambrosino a “little boy” and bragged about hiring “the meanest lawyer in New York” to pursue civil action.
https://relevantmagazine.com/current/re ... the-press/

Nothing says “I didn’t create a culture of fear” quite like hiring “the meanest lawyer in New York.”
By chris leedlelee
I, like many here, have been inclined to look past Jerry's brashness in public speaking and Twitter for quite some time. However, if Jerry truly is operating in such an unChristian manner (creating a culture of fear and mistreating employees), then we should all be inclined to speak out and see to it that a new President of LU is chosen.

Unfortunately, where is the accountability? If Jerry had behaved this way at even a secular organization, he would have been deposed quickly, no matter how successful he was. Does LU have an accountability structure such that Falwell himself could be fired on the discovery of misconduct?

I thought as Constitutional Conservatives we were for separation of powers in government and organizations. Separation of powers is necessary for accountability. Does LU have this? I'm unaware if they do.
Jonathan Carone wrote: September 10th, 2019, 5:48 pm
It’s also worth noting that The Politico report is written by a journalist named Brandon Ambrosino who is a Liberty graduate. In the AP interview, he called Ambrosino a “little boy” and bragged about hiring “the meanest lawyer in New York” to pursue civil action.
https://relevantmagazine.com/current/re ... the-press/

Nothing says “I didn’t create a culture of fear” quite like hiring “the meanest lawyer in New York.”

Becki looking for the "meanest lawyer in New York."

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
amar0819 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 3:54 pm 1. I am a married man and see absolutely nothing wrong with bragging about sexual activities you are having with your WIFE. He's not cheating on her and is sexually attractive to the woman he married....good for him...Elmer Towns used to brag about even more then what was quoted here.
I'm sorry, but this just boggles my mind. I don't see how any follower of Christ could legitimately think that this is okay. And Elmer Towns?...not the best example there. This doesn't belong in any environment, let alone a self-identified Christian institution. And if it was in the workplace, that can be a big problem, legally. And from what I know of the people he surrounds himself with (including his previous "spiritual advisor"), that type of behavior doesn't surprise me. The environment at this school is disgusting.

Whatever happened to the Thomas Road kill-switch? Has that been written out of the school's bylaws/constitution?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
I've said before, I always do a little research on the author of any controversial story I read on the internet. I just don't trust the internet. I like to see what kind of stories they've focused on in the past to figure out their angle. I clicked on The Hill TV link and I noticed no one took credit for the FBI story. So I clicked on a couple dozen more stories on that site and everyone of them had a author listed. Is that just a coincidence.

:dontgetit
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
It’s embarrassing to see Jr tweet under the LibertyU name retweeting his TPUSA pals and bogus articles defending him.

I heard the story about Becki and the the Facebook page. Crazy.

But no law enforcement is going to investigate his wild claim. No one hacked his crap.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]