This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
Wow.

Jerry got a golden parachute, just go away with the dignity you have left and leave LU alone.

At this point, is it more of a matter if then when his kids pack it up and move on from the school as well? I can't imagine carrying on with all this going on.
Last edited by bluedevilflame on October 29th, 2020, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For better or worse, if there is one thing the executive committee has done over the course of this mess is protect the reputation of JLFJR. They have gone out of their way to barely utter a word that doesn't glow about what he did for the university. For most that is a primary source of mistrust of the board.
bluedevilflame, thepostman, Liberty22 and 2 others liked this
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:09 am For better or worse, if there is one thing the executive committee has done over the course of this mess is protect the reputation of JLFJR. They have gone out of their way to barely utter a word that doesn't glow about what he did for the university. For most that is a primary source of mistrust of the board.
I'd say the silver lining in this whole mess is that hopefully the next President signs an iron clad contract that favors the university and not the person.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
"Other than God and my family, there is nothing in the world I love more than Liberty University," said Jerry Falwell, Jr. "I am saddened that University officials, with whom I have shared so much success and enjoyed such positive relationships, jumped to conclusions about the claims made against my character, failed to properly investigate them, and then damaged my reputation following my forced resignation. While I have nothing but love and appreciation for the Liberty community, and I had hoped to avoid litigation, I must take the necessary steps to restore my reputation and hopefully help repair the damage to the Liberty University brand in the process," he concluded.
SOURCE
bluedevilflame liked this
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:11 am
"Other than God and my family, there is nothing in the world I love more than Liberty University," said Jerry Falwell, Jr. "I am saddened that University officials, with whom I have shared so much success and enjoyed such positive relationships, jumped to conclusions about the claims made against my character, failed to properly investigate them, and then damaged my reputation following my forced resignation. While I have nothing but love and appreciation for the Liberty community, and I had hoped to avoid litigation, I must take the necessary steps to restore my reputation and hopefully help repair the damage to the Liberty University brand in the process," he concluded.
SOURCE
:roll:

Jerry is delusional if he thinks he can ever come back from this scandal.

As far as LU, does he really not understand that he is the one who caused the damage? Is he that narcissistic?
thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yes.

Also, as Sly pointed out, the board has been nothing but gracious when talking about him pubically. The acting President took nearly 5 minutes in the first convo to praise him.

Narcissistic doesn't even seem to describe him accurately. Insanity.
Liberty22 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:05 am Sadly, I'm not surprised.

I really hoped he'd go away quietly but that just isn't his personality. Really disappointing.
Your eternal optimism and rose colored glasses onto humanity is touching
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m not sure how suing the University your dad started is going to restore your image. Unless he can come out of this fully exonerated and show these stories are 100% false he’s only going to tarnish his reputation more.
Liberty22 liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:43 am I’m not sure how suing the University your dad started is going to restore your image. Unless he can come out of this fully exonerated and show these stories are 100% false he’s only going to tarnish his reputation more.
Tough to prove a negative. A wise man once said "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:43 am They've even avoided investigating his wife sexually abusing students. I'd say that's pretty friendly
I don't see how they get out of that one in the long run. Title 9 has to investigate claims of that nature, they may very well be doing so and can't speak publicly on it, who knows.

What I do know is this is about to get really ugly, Jerry will no doubt fight dirty in court, hope LU is ready for him.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:47 am
Purple Haize wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:43 am I’m not sure how suing the University your dad started is going to restore your image. Unless he can come out of this fully exonerated and show these stories are 100% false he’s only going to tarnish his reputation more.
Tough to prove a negative. A wise man once said "the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
He can prove he was at Point A when Giancarlo was in Point B He can show his schedule to refute claims of those against him.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:37 am
thepostman wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:05 am Sadly, I'm not surprised.

I really hoped he'd go away quietly but that just isn't his personality. Really disappointing.
Your eternal optimism and rose colored glasses onto humanity is touching
My expectations for him keep lowering and somehow they just never seem quite low enough.
BlueBlood, Purple Haize, Liberty22 and 1 others liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:52 am
He can prove he was at Point A when Giancarlo was in Point B He can show his schedule to refute claims of those against him.
Sure, but we already know they spent substantial time together. Unless you have videotape of all those times, you can't prove the cuckold stuff wasn't happening during those times.
bluedevilflame liked this
By Jonathan Carone
The fact Jerry thinks us getting rid of him hurt Liberty's reputation says all you need to know about how narcissistic he is.

This fall has been one of the best reputation building semesters we've had in a long, long time. Football success. Staying open during a pandemic while putting in the protocols to respect the health of everyone. Multiple examples of students putting Jesus first through socially distanced worship services filling the football stadium. Predominantly Christian speakers at convo.

Getting rid of Jerry was the best thing for our school's reputation.
bluedevilflame, thepostman, Liberty22 and 1 others liked this
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:06 am
Purple Haize wrote: October 29th, 2020, 10:52 am

Sure, but we already know they spent substantial time together. Unless you have videotape of all those times, you can't prove the cuckold stuff wasn't happening during those times.
EXACTLY. The whole thing with his claims is that this was a long term on going affair with BOTH Falwells involved, not just one occurrence. The business relationship and dozens of photographs of them together shows that they were all 3 very chummy for quite a while before things soured.
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote: October 29th, 2020, 11:10 am Predominantly Christian speakers at convo.

Getting rid of Jerry was the best thing for our school's reputation.
This has been so great for everyone, I've even found myself tuning in more to the live streams online. The toxic political rallies that convo became did nothing more than divide our community, it's nice to see some unity for a change.
thepostman, NG33 liked this
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
What if this is a 4d chess move wherein Jerry makes himself look so incredibly terrible while at the same time throwing his lot against the school thus making the school play the role of the antagonist to evil Jerry. What a self sacrificial guy.
By Jonathan Carone
The 4d version I think he's playing is:

The Board is going to try and keep that $10 million severance from him by firing him for cause after this investigation.

Jerry wants his money and wants to keep more things from coming to light - especially things that could be illegal.

Jerry throws this lawsuit out to force a settlement from the school that gives him his money and kills the investigation.
Liberty22, stokesjokes, jinxy and 2 others liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Man, I just read through the whole law suit. All the blame is going onto the pool boy and the Lincoln project. Completely ignoring everything else along the way. He is getting a 10 million dollar payout. If he loved the school as much as he says, he'd just move on.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:50 pm Man, I just read through the whole law suit. All the blame is going onto the pool boy and the Lincoln project. Completely ignoring everything else along the way. He is getting a 10 million dollar payout. If he loved the school as much as he says, he'd just move on.
I think the problem Junior might be having is that he can’t trade on his name or that of the University anymore and that’s seriously hurting his business opportunities. By not being able to affix any organization to his name he’s Just Jerry. I’m not sure that’s as lucrative
jinxy, bluedevilflame, NG33 liked this
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
I posted it somewhere weeks ago but when everyone was wigging out about the board agreeing to the settlement it seemed obvious to me that they had enough evidence to go back and claw back the funds later. It was just to shut him up and move him out. Now that that is happening he knows this is the only way to get his money.

Hes also realized that his “opportunites” are not what he thought. His name is toxic in all circles including christianity, political, business and every other line of interest he has. So now its really hit him what his lot is and desperation has set in.

Hes officially hit rock bottom at this point.
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:56 pm
thepostman wrote: October 29th, 2020, 12:50 pm Man, I just read through the whole law suit. All the blame is going onto the pool boy and the Lincoln project. Completely ignoring everything else along the way. He is getting a 10 million dollar payout. If he loved the school as much as he says, he'd just move on.
I think the problem Junior might be having is that he can’t trade on his name or that of the University anymore and that’s seriously hurting his business opportunities. By not being able to affix any organization to his name he’s Just Jerry. I’m not sure that’s as lucrative
And circle gets the square, that is exactly what is going on.
Purple Haize liked this
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]