This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Whatisthetruth wrote: June 9th, 2020, 11:56 am Thank you TH Spangler. You are proving my point about the statement "I don't even know if we are open". I am not interested in the greater political implications beyond the fact Jr should not be leading the institution.
In 2016, election year, demacrates were calling Trump supporter deplorable racist. Jerry most likely figured he was the only one who would give Trump a chance to honor Dr King. I'm glad he did.
Just my $.02, I think we should accept Jerry's apology at face value. I know there's a lot of Jerry fatigue around the Liberty community (obviously I experience this), but if we are unwilling to accept someone's apology for a misstep, we are sending the wrong message. I know many of us are also cautiously waiting for substantive changes beyond a tweet, but if we dismiss this out of cynicism we are closing a door for growth.
Whatisthetruth wrote: June 9th, 2020, 11:56 am Thank you TH Spangler. You are proving my point about the statement "I don't even know if we are open". I am not interested in the greater political implications beyond the fact Jr should not be leading the institution.
I like you. This dude(tte) shows up with links and literally says "no commentary." Didn't even have an opinion initially but darn sure had sources for it.

I love it.
Class of 20Something wrote: June 9th, 2020, 3:34 pm
I like you. This dude(tte) shows up with links and literally says "no commentary." Didn't even have an opinion initially but darn sure had sources for it.

I love it.
:lol: dude is probably Eric Miller :lol:
stokesjokes wrote: June 9th, 2020, 1:08 pm Just my $.02, I think we should accept Jerry's apology at face value. I know there's a lot of Jerry fatigue around the Liberty community (obviously I experience this), but if we are unwilling to accept someone's apology for a misstep, we are sending the wrong message. I know many of us are also cautiously waiting for substantive changes beyond a tweet, but if we dismiss this out of cynicism we are closing a door for growth.
You are 100% correct. I am personally have a hard time with it but that is a me thing. I truly hope that it is the beginning of some changes in how he approaches certain topics.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, that was shared over in the women's basketball sub forum but I don't think it'll move the needle much. If football players and men's basketball players start go transfer out then maybe some more people will realize the problem runs deeper than just one tweet.

Nah....
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 11th, 2020, 9:17 am A head scratcher for me? Jerry attempts to take a stand and point out the govonors checkered past. Oh well, I wish her the best of luck.
They way he did so was in very poor taste. And his own apology admitted his tactics were flawed and incited feelings in others he should’ve meant to avoid.

Taking a stand is fine. The way he did so was wrong, and he admitted as much and apologized. To believe there would be no fallout is ignorant.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 12:21 pm
TH Spangler wrote: June 11th, 2020, 9:17 am A head scratcher for me? Jerry attempts to take a stand and point out the govonors checkered past. Oh well, I wish her the best of luck.
They way he did so was in very poor taste. And his own apology admitted his tactics were flawed and incited feelings in others he should’ve meant to avoid.

Taking a stand is fine. The way he did so was wrong, and he admitted as much and apologized. To believe there would be no fallout is ignorant.
I agree. I said nearly the same thing in another post. Risewithus is my witness. I guess she either didn't understand, or choose to reject his apology. That's fine. But make no mistake, Jerry is on her side.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Reference the mask, it was racist, but most people seem to forget the photo on the mask is THE GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA.
He is the one the media should be going after, not Jerry Jr.
ballcoach15 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 7:29 pm Reference the mask, it was racist, but most people seem to forget the photo on the mask is THE GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA.
https://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/ ... 9ad96.html
Last edited by Whatisthetruth on August 18th, 2020, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: June 16th, 2020, 7:29 pm Reference the mask, it was racist, but most people seem to forget the photo on the mask is THE GOVERNOR OF VIRGINIA.
Demacrats posting here are playing Jerry styles politics. Flip it and spin it. What cracks me up is they are more political than he. :lol: :lol:
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Why do you refuse to realize that this has nothing to do with politics? I am a small government, conservative minded person. I would never vote for Virginia’s governor and from what i can tell he isn't a good govenor.

This has to do with a history of things sad both in interviews and on Twitter. I get it, the media is using it to push their political narrative but that doesn't make my concerns and rhe concerns of others within the Liberty community any less valid.

Instead of focusing on what truly matters, you chose to focus on temporary governments and political establishments. I just don't get it.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: June 17th, 2020, 7:08 am
Demacrats posting here are playing Jerry styles politics. Flip it and spin it. What cracks me up is they are more political than he. :lol: :lol:
Both of you guys seem to not include critical thinking in your schema.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]