This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

LUconn wrote: May 5th, 2021, 1:38 pm I dont know if it's true or not, but they certainly look like they've cut ties with crosswhite
What do you mean?
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote: May 6th, 2021, 10:48 pm
rogers3 wrote: May 6th, 2021, 9:07 pm
TH Spangler wrote: May 6th, 2021, 7:58 pm Jr has things to answer for. And some of you guys have hate issues you'll have to answer for one day.

:idea:
Hate is too strong. But anger...
Aren't we suppose to be slow to anger? Welp...

Are you judging? Do you determine how slow one is to be angry? Does not scripture say be angry but sin not?
Slow to anger doesn’t mean never to anger (apparently it means long in nostril in Hebrew :lol: ). You should be able to understand why some here are angry over Jerry. You don’t need to police their feelings.
stokesjokes wrote: May 7th, 2021, 8:40 am Slow to anger doesn’t mean never to anger (apparently it means long in nostril in Hebrew :lol: ). You should be able to understand why some here are angry over Jerry. You don’t need to police their feelings.
Police feelings? I really hope you're joking :lol: . Trust me, not giving you guys that much attention to monitor feelings . I'm not giving Jr. any credit here; we all understand the situation and don't need to continue repeating the same thing ( look how ridiculous Jerry is comments). Since he is not President anymore, now we should be praying for the man and family since we all get the point along with the leadership in charge presently. To each their own on this matter.
By rtb72
Whatisthetruth wrote: June 2nd, 2021, 8:03 pm Falwell: LU lawsuit a guise for "salacious false allegations"

https://newsadvance.com/news/local/libe ... 75a63.html
Serious question to all. When did Jr. start to lose his moral compass? Not long after he took over, I thought he had the fortitude that was balanced with a heart to do a decent job. Although, I wasn't in an intimate position to know him really, I saw from the outside. Was this something that was bound to happen? I'm asking because my wife and I had this conversation not long ago. Was this toxic seed always there and only needed an environment to sprout? Was this something in his heart while his father was alive, all the while waiting to "bud" once Sr passed away. I thought his business sense was excellent, and his student compassion was good....but that was early on. Over the years...I've been disgusted with him, especially the way he treated his own flesh and blood. Just something we've been discussing at home front. I have to think ( I am hopeful) this was not his character all along.
To be honest, I think part of Jr’s benefit of the doubt early on was just because he was so uncomfortable with public speaking. I think people genuinely felt for him, maybe pitied him in a sense, and that bought him goodwill.

FWIW, from stories I’ve heard from a local who claims to be an eyewitness- I’ll just say the pool boy story isn’t a new development for Jerry’s character.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: June 4th, 2021, 9:44 pm I don't know the answer but from the outside looking in, it really seemed like the passing of his mom was the point where it became clear but as we see now, it was there behind the scenes much earlier than that.
This is how I have felt about it. I think his mom's presence kind of kept a leash on him. There was perhaps a tug-of-war between mom and wife. Once Macel passed, all the tugging went in one direction, and he was apparently fine with that.
thepostman, JK37, olldflame liked this
When Junior started to take a bigger operational role under his dad I was very optimistic. The couple of interactions I had with him were encouraging with what direction he was going etc. Maybe that’s why it’s more disappointing to me that he reverted to ‘the old ways’ and then some
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
A wise old basketball coach used to say that what you are on the inside inevitably shows up on the court. Both strengths and weaknesses. And personal character deficiencies will be magnified in pressure situations. It's easy to hide things when you play a minor role, but if you're posing as a lead guy, and you're not legit, you eventually get exposed.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]