This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
This is what happens when he hits the sauce too heavily. I think it's funny that he doesn't remember breaking any employment policies at Liberty but I guess when you're impaired, your memories do get a little fuzzy.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
There's no question that this guy took a wrong turn off reality street....a long time ago. But, there's more to the story when it comes to the termination. He's in a very precarious position.

When you terminate someone on this level, with this degree of responsibility, you can go after previous compensation among other things. This guy's net worth is 100 million.
By Whatisthetruth
Make no mistake about it, those carrying out Jr’s orders were irrelevant. The success of LU can only be attributed to Jerry Jr and his leadership. Teams change but there was only one constant driving force!

From Jerry Jr's Instagram Account.

Prevo needs to go and Jr needs to come back. He is correct, everyone loves him and everyone misses him. It is a shame he cannot attend on-campus events.

jerryfalwelljr Every time we go out in town, we encounter @libertyuniversity students and their message is always the same to us: we love you and miss you at LU. We love and miss the students as well so I decided to post these pictures from yesterday including one from Saturday when LU students were doing charitable work all over the area. They sent a pic and the message that they loved and missed us also. I am so impressed by and grateful for the unconditional love of LU students- an example of what true Christianity is. They relayed their favorite and most fun memories of our years together at LU (including how exciting and funny we made Convocation during my tenure). Brought back a lot of good memories. I explained I still would have attended major events in the last year if LU hadn’t banned us from campus and sued us in April, 2021. The lawsuit is still pending. Congratulations to the graduating seniors in these pics and to all the students for making my time as president of LU the most rewarding years of my life!

View all 49 comments

dtnash7 ❤️

APRIL 28
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
Whatisthetruth wrote: May 10th, 2022, 6:56 pm From Jerry Jr's Instagram Account.

Prevo needs to go and Jr needs to come back. He is correct, everyone loves him and everyone misses him. It is a shame he cannot attend on-campus events.

jerryfalwelljr Every time we go out in town, we encounter @libertyuniversity students and their message is always the same to us: we love you and miss you at LU. We love and miss the students as well so I decided to post these pictures from yesterday including one from Saturday when LU students were doing charitable work all over the area. They sent a pic and the message that they loved and missed us also. I am so impressed by and grateful for the unconditional love of LU students- an example of what true Christianity is. They relayed their favorite and most fun memories of our years together at LU (including how exciting and funny we made Convocation during my tenure). Brought back a lot of good memories. I explained I still would have attended major events in the last year if LU hadn’t banned us from campus and sued us in April, 2021. The lawsuit is still pending. Congratulations to the graduating seniors in these pics and to all the students for making my time as president of LU the most rewarding years of my life!

View all 49 comments

dtnash7 ❤️

APRIL 28
I just threw up in my mouth.

The campus ban didn't keep them from "sneaking" into the stadium at the end of the graduation ceremony.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Brace yourself for the November 1st premiere on Hulu of “God Forbid: The Sex Scandal That Brought Down a Dynasty”.

Variety wrote:Hulu Sets Release for Jerry Falwell Jr-Giancarlo Granda Sex Scandal Doc; Reveals Record-Breaking ‘Victoria’s Secret’ Viewership (EXCLUSIVE)

By Jennifer Maas

Amid record-breaking viewership performance for “Victoria’s Secret: Angels and Demons,” Hulu has set the premiere date for its next big doc: the Adam McKay and Billy Corben-produced Jerry Falwell Jr. project, “God Forbid: The Sex Scandal That Brought Down a Dynasty,” Variety has learned exclusively.
Click Here for Full Story
By aredd33
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote:From the producers that brought you talladega nights and step brothers.... I wonder if they got will Ferrell to play JFJR
I would pay good money to see Ferrell play JFJR in a movie.
JK37 liked this
By Ill flame
aredd33 wrote: August 29th, 2022, 9:06 am
Ill flame wrote:From the producers that brought you talladega nights and step brothers.... I wonder if they got will Ferrell to play JFJR
I would pay good money to see Ferrell play JFJR in a movie.
Im not sure if theres a more appropriate actor to play him at the moment. Towards the end JFJR was just Ferrells "frank the tank" character from old school.

We're going streaking! Everybody's doing it.
By Whatisthetruth
It is a disgrace that our former president is forced to stand on a city sidewalk to celebrate the biggest win in LU history. Jr brought in Ian, Freeze, and built the football stadium!

Prevo should be fired immediately!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bloomberg Law wrote:Sept. 6, 2023, 11:24 AM
Falwell Fires Back at Liberty University in $8.6 Million Lawsuit

Jacklyn Wille
Legal Reporter

• School wants portions of benefit contracts rescinded
  • Hulu documentary detailed alleged Falwell family scandal

The $8.6 million legal battle between Jerry Falwell Jr. and Liberty University Inc. intensified this week, when Falwell asked a federal judge to reject the school’s attempt to rescind contracts governing his retirement package.

Falwell on Tuesday sought dismissal of Liberty’s counterclaims, telling the US District Court for the Western District of Virginia that they’re preempted by the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act. Falwell also challenged the school’s claims on the merits, saying Liberty is alleging a supposed breach of contract that occurred before the contract was even executed.

Falwell served as Liberty’s president from 2007 until his August ...
Click Here for Full Story
By Whatisthetruth
For example, one former University President was sued by a former Liberty employee for sexual harassment, and Liberty retained him in that position notwithstanding that a payment had to be made to that employee as a result. And it is common knowledge within the relevant communities that Ed Hindson, a recently deceased televangelist and former Dean of Liberty’s School of Divinity, had an extramarital affair during his time at Liberty, and Liberty nonetheless employed him as a high-ranking official after the affair. It is likewise common knowledge within the relevant communities that Ron Godwin, a former provost of Liberty, had an extramarital affair with his secretary while working at a Liberty affiliate Moral Majority, Inc., but, again, Liberty nonetheless employed him as a high-ranking official after the affair. And a current member of the Executive Committee has admitted to previously having more than one affair.

By Whatisthetruth
Lowlights from the latest suit filing -

Executive Committee has remained in place and, in practice, exercises the full power of the Board for the vast majority of the year, in violation of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges Principles of Accreditation

indeed, at least two members of the Executive Committee drink, one of whom has been to rehab three times.

Jerry Vines is a member of the Executive Committee. After joining the Executive Committee and in the fiscal year ending June 2021, Liberty paid $100,000 to Jerry Vines Ministries, which is, upon information and belief, controlled by Vines.

Tim Lee is the Chairman of the Board of Trustees and become an Executive Committee member after Mr. Falwell resigned from Liberty. After becoming an Executive Committee member, in the fiscal year ending June 2021, Liberty paid
$100,000 as an alleged “donation” to Tim Lee Ministries,

June 2022, Liberty made a “donation” of $76,000 to Wylie Preparatory Academy, a school in Texas that Lee’s granddaughters attended.

Between 2020 and 2021, Liberty paid $125,000 in purported “donations” to Gainey Foundation which was, upon information and belief, controlled by Gainey. Gainey secured annual contributions from Liberty—again by decision of the
Executive Committee—for students, staff, and faculty to “visit” his camp for a week in amounts ranging from $30,000 and up

June 2021, Liberty paid $200,050 to Samaritan’s Purse. In the same year, Liberty paid another $200,000 to Hope Partners International, which is an organization that is, upon information and belief, controlled by Kirk Nowery, the former Chief Operating Officer of Samaritan’s Purse. In the following year, Liberty paid the organization another $414,960. Upon information and belief, Hope Partners International secured the “donation” from Liberty by virtue of its ties to Prevo and Graham.

After Prevo assumed the presidency of Liberty on an interim basis, he sought for Liberty to improperly divert hundreds
of thousands of dollars of his salary to his personal foundation, which Liberty eventually ceased to do on advice of counsel. However, Liberty paid Dr. Prevo’s wife a substantial sum for her role as wife of the president of Liberty. Upon
information and belief, based on publicly available flight records, after assuming the presidency, Prevo racked up at least hundreds of thousands of dollars in expenses associated with his use of Liberty’s corporate jet. Flight records show
that Prevo used the University’s jet to fly between Virginia and his home in Alaska on numerous occasions, each trip costing at least $35,000, as well as his home in Arizona, each trip costing $20,000.

Mr. Corry’s salary increased by 60% in a single year, despite no apparent change in job title, duties, or performance, for total compensation of $491,728.

Carroll Hudson was elevated to the role of Chairman of the Executive Committee after Mr. Falwell’s departure from Liberty.
Because the Executive Committee exercises control when the Board of Trustees is not in session the vast majority of the year—Hudson is, upon information and belief, the de facto presiding officer of Liberty’s governing board. Hudson has previously been accused of abusing his role as a trustee in connection with the assets of a family trust. Upon information and belief, an organization currently under the control of Hudson manufactures, among other things, portable
table top fire pits that carry the LIBERTY FLAMES designation. These fire pits are sold for approximately $100 each in Liberty University’s bookstore. Liberty’s sale of the fire pits is, upon information and belief, the result of actions taken by Hudson

In the past two years, a significant number—at least 12—of members of the Board of Trustees have also received substantial payments from Liberty, all in different amounts, many in the range of tens of thousands of dollars, and one as high as in excess of a hundred thousand dollars. In certain cases, the same individuals hold roles at Liberty such as
adjunct professor or similar roles

Upon information and belief, Jonathan has recently accepted another financial perk of the Chancellor’s position and is now in the process of moving into a home owned by Liberty on top of Liberty Mountain overlooking the campus. Upon information and belief, at Jonathan’s request, Liberty is also paying for the construction of a swimming pool on the property for the use of Jonathan and his family. In addition, five of Jonathan’s family members, including children and spouses of children, have recently become employed by Liberty in various roles.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]