This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I didn't even know he was here, but a lot has been written about it and what transpired during convo. From the sounds of it, it was pretty intense. Anyone here attend?

Law of Liberty: A moving display of law and gospel punctuates Jordan Peterson’s visit to Liberty University
https://world.wng.org/2019/04/law_of_liberty

Jordan Peterson at Liberty and A Cry For Help
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/youngfoge ... -for-help/

Here's the video of convo:
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
I have an agnostic friend who is a huge peterson fan. he said he watched it. He was intrigued that convo was a thing we had to do in college.
By rhezick
So he's a professor from another college we invited to speak at convo? Excuse my ignorance but I just spent the past 10 minutes reading about him and still don't understand why he's a big deal. Can someone provide extra context?
By ElmersTwin
rhezick wrote:So he's a professor from another college we invited to speak at convo? Excuse my ignorance but I just spent the past 10 minutes reading about him and still don't understand why he's a big deal. Can someone provide extra context?
Long story short, he's used YouTube as a platform to confront political correctness in the education world. A Google and YouTube search ought to provide enough context for you.
By Class of 20Something
ElmersTwin wrote:
rhezick wrote:So he's a professor from another college we invited to speak at convo? Excuse my ignorance but I just spent the past 10 minutes reading about him and still don't understand why he's a big deal. Can someone provide extra context?
Long story short, he's used YouTube as a platform to confront political correctness in the education world. A Google and YouTube search ought to provide enough context for you.
Additionally he’s one of the best non religious modern philosophers out there. Think John Stuart Mill.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It took me 10 seconds. Work on your google skills! :lol:
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He's a lightning rod who is getting banned from speaking on many campuses in North America and Europe because he is counter to modern leftist thinking. For better or worse, he is a name at the moment.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]