This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rhezick
Anyone know what's going to be built on Timberlake just past the intersection with Old Graves Mill Road, road across from Kroger? I've noticed they demolished about 4 houses and have started clearing the land, which itself seems like they have their work cut out for them with how severely it slopes. Kind of hope they continue on down the road and buy up/demo the rest of those eyesores in Charlies chicken and everything leading up to the wooden chair. With the amount of land being cleared though it made me curious if anyone knew. Seems like there's alot of potential there (and of course potential for Timberlake to become just like Wards).
By Class of 20Something
rhezick wrote:Anyone know what's going to be built on Timberlake just past the intersection with Old Graves Mill Road, road across from Kroger? I've noticed they demolished about 4 houses and have started clearing the land, which itself seems like they have their work cut out for them with how severely it slopes. Kind of hope they continue on down the road and buy up/demo the rest of those eyesores in Charlies chicken and everything leading up to the wooden chair. With the amount of land being cleared though it made me curious if anyone knew. Seems like there's alot of potential there (and of course potential for Timberlake to become just like Wards).

Retail fronts, apartments in the back. A Sheetz is going in as well.
By rhezick
Good grief. So about close to 500 apartments going up. Great for tax revenue I'm sure, but it'll be interesting to see how the congestion works out. I live off Old Graves Mill road and between those, the apartments by the human society and the luxury ones that went up behind the Kroger, this should be interesting to see how the city handles the influx of traffic.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Unless they put up more traffic lights, shouldn't be too big a problem.
They will use the Candlewood signalized entrance, and the other will be right in-right out. Back in the day, the original owner was working with Lidl, but I think Lidl's experience in the US has been less than stellar.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]