This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
Anyone that uses Reddit, feel free to follow r/LibertyUniversity. Page is starting to get more activity these days but could always use some more interaction!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Link?
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I have checked it from time to time but it's a fairly negative place.
No doubt, I’m trying to add more and more relevant content to the page and seems like there’s a few others trying to change it and get this new version off the ground, could be a good spot if the content gets better!
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
most or reddit is pretty negative.

I have a funny reddit story with nowhere else to put it.

Some time ago we had a coworker and he told us about this magical place on the internet called reddit. This was before reddit was this big thing. He talked about how amazing people were and how it was like the creme de la creme of humanity and every topic was just this huge flood of intelligence and information and expertise. It was quite annoying but we were like have at it.

well there is a sub-reddit for just our area of the midwest and they scheduled a get together at a park a reddit meetup so to speak. and he was so excited. He came back that monday so disappointed. What was supposed to be this like nobel/mensa like euphoric experience was shattered into a thousand pieces when it was just a bunch of juggalos, cat ladies and neckbeards who literally just sit on their computers all day long.

Man that was so great.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:most or reddit is pretty negative.

Some time ago we had a coworker and he told us about this magical place on the internet called reddit. This was before reddit was this big thing. He talked about how amazing people were and how it was like the creme de la creme of humanity and every topic was just this huge flood of intelligence and information and expertise. It was quite annoying but we were like have at it.

well there is a sub-reddit for just our area of the midwest and they scheduled a get together at a park a reddit meetup so to speak. and he was so excited. He came back that monday so disappointed. What was supposed to be this like nobel/mensa like euphoric experience was shattered into a thousand pieces when it was just a bunch of juggalos, cat ladies and neckbeards who literally just sit on their computers all day long.

Man that was so great.
So which category did your co-worker fall in? :lol:
By rhezick
I think it just depends on what part of reddit your visiting, much like the internet. I've found and subscribed to a ton of great sub-reddits, which are then all aggregated on my main feed page and the only thing I see, so it's all how you want to use it. Some personal favs are r/upliftingnews, r/colorizedhistory, r/dadit (subreddit on celebrating being a dad and advice on fatherhood). Tons of other great ones out there as well.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
RubberMallet wrote:most or reddit is pretty negative.

Man that was so great.
So which category did your co-worker fall in? :lol:
none of them which was what made it so funny. he was always like "its this land of vast diversity where everyone was welcome" .

I think i'm going to mozy on over to his department and be like "hey i was just remembering"
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]