This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
I’ll be in town from 9/23-9/28 for some work training. I haven’t been to Lynchburg in probably 5-6 years, anything going on of note that week or restaurant/bar suggestions while I’m in town? I know the area has changed quite a bit since I’ve been down!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote:I’ll be in town from 9/23-9/28 for some work training. I haven’t been to Lynchburg in probably 5-6 years, anything going on of note that week or restaurant/bar suggestions while I’m in town? I know the area has changed quite a bit since I’ve been down!
5th and Federal is run by some folks from here.
Downtown has a host of other new restaurants as well
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Well, Chile's, obviously
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you like BBQ, I'd recommend Blue Ridge BBQ on Timberlake Road.

http://www.blueridgebarbecue.com/
By cruzan_flame13
If you're looking for pizza go to Waterstone on Jefferson street or Daughters and Sons on the corner of 5th and Madison( Downtown area). There's also Dukes Diner, Grey's or The Depot Grille for lunch/dinner. I like to go to Market At Main on Main St. (hence the name lol). There are also cafe's all throughout downtown such as Hot & Cold Cafe on 9th (serve Mediterranean cuisines) and White Hart on Main. Dublin Coffeehouse on Main. These are some places that I could think of but I hope that you enjoy wherever you go.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Brauburgers has some of the best burgers in town. There's one off of Rivermont and one out here in Forest off of 221.

I couldn't recommend Fifth and Federal. I know others like it but we tried it twice and had bad experiences both times so haven't gone back.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
bluedevilflame wrote:Thank you for all the recommendations! I especially am excited to experience this Chili’s and Burger King you guys speak of!
LOL, when in Rome, do as the Romans do.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach recommends Hardees for breakfast.
By bluedevilflame
Registration Days Posts
5th and Federal was an excellent suggestion! Burger King...not so much!

Also, anyone associated with LUPD? I’d love to swap patches/challenge coins with my agency.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]