This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
My Wife and I enjoyed a two night stay at this Hilton Curio Collection. Very nice rooms, plenty of parking in two garages and they also have a rooftop bar/restaurant and a nice café on the main level. The William Henry Steakhouse is opening this week as well which is a part of the Stephan Perry Restaurant Group and they do not disappoint. We will stay there again.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Why? I thought you were from Lynchburg.
Remember he told us about his “Lady Friend”?
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I've been to their little coffee shop a few times. It's definitely a nice place. Looking forward to checking out the rooftop bar at some point.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I still remember the hotel in shambles after LU moved out in the '80s. I am anxious to see how the renovations look as a finished product. Downtown has come a LONG way in the past 15 years or so.
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote:I still remember the hotel in shambles after LU moved out in the '80s. I am anxious to see how the renovations look as a finished product. Downtown has come a LONG way in the past 15 years or so.
IT is gorgeous Sly and I hope that you will have a chance to tour the hotel. Also the roof top restaurant, known as the Skyline is quite nice and the view is breath taking especially when the sun is setting. I will say that you may have to wait for a table for around 30-45 minutes, so I would suggest going there after 5/6 p.m. if in a hurry.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]