This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ElmersTwin
ballah09 wrote:
ElmersTwin wrote:
ballah09 wrote:I’m willing to bet at least half of it will be Fox News personalities. They love their Fox News.

Nasser actually tweeted earlier to Candance Owens, before he deleted it, about coming to convo. Mass students tweeted to him about not wanting her to come so we shall see about it happening.
You're essentially right. Sean Spicer was announced, as was David Platt and Bob Goff. There are a few more run of the mill Trump supporters coming as well. On the plus side, Monday convos are now optional and will be held at the School of Music, so we're down to 2 full, mandatory convos per week.
I missed that announcement. Does that include the 3 skips that the students already have?
Uhh, I guess they haven't announced that yet, but that's happening. I don't think it has any impact on the 3 skips as far as I'm aware, but I could be wrong.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have never heard of Platt or Goff. Safe to say, I will not be at Convo when they speak.
By Jonathan Carone
Ha! Of course you’d have no interest in hearing someone speak about loving your neighbors regardless of anything else.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:Ha! Of course you’d have no interest in hearing someone speak about loving your neighbors regardless of anything else.
You kids and your new fangled ideas!
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Platt and Goff are solid convo speakers. LOL, somehow I'm not surprised ballcoach isn't interested. :-| :-|
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I’m holding out for Michael Sweet from Stryper. Brian Welch was great but he needed to lead worship!!
By Class of 20Something
I like theologically sound speakers, and when we invite those that aren't, they make sure the students understand why there is a difference.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
My last 3 Convos attended: (that I can recall)

Franklin Graham
Donald Trump
Jeff Gordon/Rick Hendrick/William Byron

I have watched many others online.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
I liked The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiasi
By ElmersTwin
Jonathan Carone wrote:Bob Goff is infinitely more big name to college students than anyone you would want.
This is pretty accurate. All one really has to do is observe the body language, let alone their actual response, coming from students when people like him speak as opposed to most political speakers.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I just like big name speakers.
You do realize that we are a Christian school, right? lol :lol:

Bob Goff is certainly a "Big Name" in contemporary Christian circles. I really wanted to go when he visited last, but my son was sick. Hopefully this year!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
As someone who made quite an effort as a student to get his picture taken with "big name" convo speakers, I find your comment asinine BC (and for the love of all that is rational that is NOT an attack on you so "dont get it twisted" as some might say). I got as much, if not more out of speakers most might not call "big name" because they are not celebrities in whatever sphere of influence they may be.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
“I grew up in a house where if you used three words when you could’ve used seven, you just weren’t trying hard enough.” -Jed Bartlett
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
David Nasser just named a few guests. Owens is in fact coming. I see a lot of students skipping that convo.

Ben Zobrist is coming! I wonder if David Bote will follow since he was once a student. Toman told him he wasn’t a d1 player :oops:
By Jonathan Carone
ballah09 wrote:I wonder if David Bote will follow since he was once a student. Toman told him he wasn’t a d1 player :oops:
I’ve been waiting for that to be posted here.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:David Nasser just named a few guests. Owens is in fact coming. I see a lot of students skipping that convo.

Ben Zobrist is coming! I wonder if David Bote will follow since he was once a student. Toman told him he wasn’t a d1 player :oops:
G
O

C
U
B
S
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Last I checked, i dont think Ben Zobrist, Steele Johnson (Olympic diver), TobyMac or Kari Jobe were a) Trump or b) some Republican politician...who was it who said that? Even if it was probably intended as a joke...
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I was kinda hoping for David Boudia (although hasnt he been at LU too?)
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Last I checked, i dont think Ben Zobrist, Steele Johnson (Olympic diver), TobyMac or Kari Jobe were a) Trump or b) some Republican politician...who was it who said that? Even if it was probably intended as a joke...
It’s called sarcasm.
By Class of 20Something
jbock13 wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Last I checked, i dont think Ben Zobrist, Steele Johnson (Olympic diver), TobyMac or Kari Jobe were a) Trump or b) some Republican politician...who was it who said that? Even if it was probably intended as a joke...
It’s called sarcasm.
Noooooo. WHAT!?!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote:
It’s called sarcasm.
Sarcasm? Ya dont say...
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Can someone explain to me why there would be negativity toward Candace Owens at LU? Ben Shapiro she is not, and she is sometimes a bit over the top as a Trump apologist, but there is a lot of common ground.

I wonder if they would ever invite Jordan Peterson?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:Can someone explain to me why there would be negativity toward Candace Owens at LU? Ben Shapiro she is not, and she is sometimes a bit over the top as a Trump apologist, but there is a lot of common ground.

I wonder if they would ever invite Jordan Peterson?
Trump. Anyone supporting Trump will have someone push back. Cause, you know....Trump

If the new players picks up on the pack line defen[…]

Longwood

Liberty wins 9-3. Roupe 2 homers, 4 RBI. Jesse hom[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Aaron Judge is killing me right now. 6 starte[…]

Just remember that fine academic institution, Loui[…]