This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cruzan_flame13
bigsmooth wrote:anything you recommend?
I ordered a full pepperoni but their veggies was pretty good as well. I have to go back and try some other things though.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Isn't that in a pretty scary part of town, esp. if you go at night? :shock:
By cruzan_flame13
Cider Jim wrote:Isn't that in a pretty scary part of town, esp. if you go at night? :shock:
It’s on Fifth and Madison; people are more friendlier as one would think. It’s downtown so everyone is doing their own thing lol.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Isn't that in a pretty scary part of town, esp. if you go at night? :shock:
That reminds me of my father in law! There was a time when he would go 15 minutes out of his way to avoid taking the fast way home from my house...down Rivermont and Church St to the Expressway. It took a while for him to realize that the best food is generally found downtown, and everything changed after that.
Last edited by rogers3 on August 2nd, 2018, 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
I do not live in the Burg anymore but that area is ok. Just up from
fifth and federal if I’m not mistaken.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
It’s different. I’m sorta ok with the concept but ....
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:It’s different. I’m sorta ok with the concept but ....

I expect more from an experienced eater like you.
I found a good NY Pizza place in Roanoke I’m more excited about
By Old Red
What’s the name of the place in Roanoke? My folks still live there, so I’d like to check it out next time I’m in town.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Old Red wrote:What’s the name of the place in Roanoke? My folks still live there, so I’d like to check it out next time I’m in town.
Tony Avellino’s down by Tanglewood Area. I guess it used to be an old Waffle House. A Philly Native says their Cheese Steaks are legit but I like A Taste of Philly in Lynchburg better. The Pizza is super solid New York style and the owner has a tremendous accent!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bigsmooth wrote:I'm sure you stop by tony's after you workout! lol
Maybe...... it is like a 1/2 Mile down the road. And a good cheese pizza isn’t a bad thing
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]