This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Mrs. Cider and I got 25 wings to go yesterday for $37. They over charged us and got the order wrong, but they have only been open 2 days. Parking is so bad that it made the local news.

But I'd still go back and give them a second try, since I love wings, and it's so close to my house. If my math is right, they have 58 different flavors of wings and 8 different "heat indexes."

MENU: https://eastcoastwings.com/menu/
Purple Haize wrote:Have you ever tried 5th and Federal wings. I was shocked how good they were
We went there once and it was such a bad experience, we haven't gone back.

I do like the wings at Trio in Forest though.
Yacht Rock wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Have you ever tried 5th and Federal wings. I was shocked how good they were
You should give them another chance. I've been there several times and I've always had pleasant experiences. Plus, they have a few LU alums working there including the manager who also frequents ASOR.
jcmanson wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:
You should give them another chance. I've been there several times and I've always had pleasant experiences. Plus, they have a few LU alums working there including the manager who also frequents ASOR.
Agreed. Restaurants are not easy to run sometimes and growing pains are real - you should always give them a few chances. I think there food is awesome and the atmosphere is pretty good.
Weird thing is, on their online menu, they show a pic of babyback ribs, which appear no where else on the menu. I asked the girl on the phone who was taking my order, and she had no idea whether they sold ribs there or not.

https://eastcoastwings.com/menu/
Cider Jim wrote:Parking is so bad that it made the local news.
Yeah, we tried to go Monday. The "entrance" that most people would try to use is Exit Only, which is absurd. The side street neighborhood seems to be furious about the traffic & parking. They've been calling the cops to give everyone parking tickets, and there were flyers on everyone's mailbox instructing them to contact the city to complain. It was poorly planned out, but who would have thought there would be this big of a draw for a dinky wings place. Oh wait, this is Lynchburg.

We didn't end up eating there.
Forest development seems to forget about planning for traffic and parking then seem shocked when there is an issue. I have a suspicion they never played SimCity
jcmanson wrote:
Yacht Rock wrote:
The recommendations from you guys were what drove us to try it to begin with. We went several months after they opened so that the normal operating kinks would be ironed out.

The food was good but our issues were entirely service related and it wasn’t one individual either, it was multiple staff. We had several dirty dishes and floaters in our waters and got forgotten about by our server.

I know things can change but most of the time when we’re out to eat it’s as a family and dropping $50-100 on a meal when the first impression was so poor is a tough pill to swallow. I’ve told my wife we should try it again sometime and she says, “Did you forget our experience the last time we went?” She’s right. When I think about it, I realize I’d rather spend my money on something where I know I can expect a good experience, or gamble with something new.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]