This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I am going to give Jerry a lot of credit on this one. It is nice to see us put politics aside. President Carter is indisputably a good man and fine Christian. I look forward to what he has to say.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:It's great that another "President" is coming to LU.
Why the “”?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
It is ballcoach, stop trying to figure him out.

I am not a fan of Jimmy Carter but anytime you can get a former or current president as your commencement speaker you do it so good for them. It would of been a bit more controversial if BIll or Hillary Clinton were speaking. Jimmy Carter is fairly harmless, especially at the age of 93. Finally someone to make PH feel young!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:It is ballcoach, stop trying to figure him out.

I am not a fan of Jimmy Carter but anytime you can get a former or current president as your commencement speaker you do it so good for them. It would of been a bit more controversial if BIll or Hillary Clinton were speaking. Jimmy Carter is fairly harmless, especially at the age of 93. Finally someone to make PH feel young!
I remember when he was elected. It doesn’t make me feel young!
But totally agree getting a former or current President is a big deal to come to a place like Lynchburg and Liberty University.
I’m looking forward to seeing what The Crazies will complain about
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

But totally agree getting a former or current President is a big deal to come to a place like Lynchburg and Liberty University.
Well, just follow this thread...or are you talking about the crazies outside of the LU bubble?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Well, just follow this thread...or are you talking about the crazies outside of the LU bubble?
Both. Ha
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
This is a huge get. I’m pleasantly surprised to see Jr. put aside petty politics and invite a politician from the other side. Mr. Carter is a great man. Well done. Credit where credit is due.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote:High Point landed the Wolf.
That was a year or 2 ago. This year their speaker is Josh Groban. Certainly more talented than Carter, but a couple of notches down on the prestige scale.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]