This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Has anybody been to Blue Rige BBQ?

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Ridge-BBQ ... 364756516/

I went tonight after the LU basketball game. Mrs. Cider got the brisket, and I had the pulled pork and bbq chicken. They also had so many sides and desserts to choose from.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Not sure if those are the same people or not.
By LUminary
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Has anybody been to Blue Rige BBQ?

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Ridge-BBQ ... 364756516/

I went tonight after the LU basketball game. Mrs. Cider got the brisket, and I had the pulled pork and bbq chicken. They also had so many sides and desserts to choose from.
How was it?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I went again TODAY to sample more of the sides and try one of their sandwiches.

Their beef brisket is out of this world good (rivals Purple's Fifth & Federal), and their pulled pork sandwich with slaw was very good. I've sampled all their sides, except the baked beans. I'd recommend the macaroni salad, cole slaw, and onion rings. Sadly, ribs are NOT on their menu.

The only things I didn't like were their smokey mac & cheese and their bbq chicken (mostly dark meat).

And you have your choice of the 3 bbq sauces--NC vinegar based sauce, a sweet bbq sauce, and a mustard bbq sauce. My favorite was the sweet bbq sauce, but I didn't try the mustard sauce.

I haven't had their desserts, but they have banana pudding, cobbler, and ( I think) peanut butter pie.

Another bonus was the atmosphere: it's a red brick building with lots of windows and really feels like a rustic bbq joint in North Carolina or Mississsippi. But you have to enter from the side and place your order BEFORE you sit down.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Where on Timberlake? I'm thinking this might be the one that used to be a food truck down on Waterlick. Heard they were going to open a brick and mortar store.

Edit: Never mind that is called Rodney's Sweet pig BBQ and they are planning on building on Waterlick.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I tried Rodney's this summer and was not impressed at all.

This new place is right across the street from Arby's which is past Waterlick just a little and near Mr. Goodies.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This place looks and sounds like the one that used to be next to Chevron by the Newspaper Office. I do remember their sides were great
As for 5th and Federal I love their ribs bbq and sides But the BEST brisket I’ve had is this place

http://www.wolfes-bbq.com
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I've been to Wolfe's in Marion. My bluegrass buddy got the brisket, and it looked amazing! I was actually sorry that I got the pulled pork there, compared to what the brisket looked like, and the quantity of the brisket there was HUGE.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:After church today, I ate at Burger King on Timberlake Road. used up my BK Gift Card I got at Christmas.
You lead a life of discovery and adventure :boring :boring :boring
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach, you should have joined me for some Blue Ridge BBQ. They even have onion rings!
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I tried Rodney's this summer and was not impressed at all.

This new place is right across the street from Arby's which is past Waterlick just a little and near Mr. Goodies.
Thanks. I know exactly where that is. Hopefully they can last longer than the last 3-4 places in that building.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:The place that had been on Lakeside was Ranch Road. The guy who ran it is now head chef at Oakwood Country Club.
Ok. Gotcha. I was thinking there was another Blue Ridge BBQ someplace.
That guy could cook!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference onion rings, I have never ate any.........and never will. Not like them.
You have never ate any, yet you not like them? Makes sense.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:Reference onion rings, I have never ate any.........and never will. Not like them.
You have never ate any, yet you not like them? Makes sense.
The fact you expect him to make sense is a ‘you’ problem
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There are several foods that I have never ate and never will. Not have time to list them .
Ballcoach, when you get a break from work (and reading about Bama), please let the foods you hate. FF want to know! :fineprint

Mine is a short list--I don't like olives or cottage cheese. :nono
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:There are several foods that I have never ate and never will. Not have time to list them .
Ballcoach, when you get a break from work (and reading about Bama), please let the foods you hate. FF want to know! :fineprint

Mine is a short list--I don't like olives or cottage cheese. :nono
Why would you eat olives and cottage cheese? That’s just gross. Pears and Cottage cheese. Or pineapple and cottage cheese. Sure. But olives? :vomit
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, I said or not on. Once again, your WVU education is failing you. :fineprint
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]