This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By badger74
Registration Days Posts
Lynchburg is getting some real concerts these days. Any1 see them? I hope LU students can support these shows.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote:Lynchburg is getting some real concerts these days. Any1 see them? I hope LU students can support these shows.
Most current students weren't born when they were popular. Don't give me the run-around, they need to get some current acts to hook them. But anyway...
Last edited by adam42381 on August 14th, 2017, 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:You mean the kids weren't into George Clinton?
I wish I'd been in town for that!
By badger74
Registration Days Posts
I was not born when Howling Wolf and Willie Dixon wrote the songs that became the basis for the great rock bands of the 60s either. But I went back and learned and saw the originals. Most music today is crap BTW. Will be forgotten in a year.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote:I was not born when Howling Wolf and Willie Dixon wrote the songs that became the basis for the great rock bands of the 60s either. But I went back and learned and saw the originals. Most music today is crap BTW. Will be forgotten in a year.
Agreed. I was making a joke, but it fell flat.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
badger74 wrote:I was not born when Howling Wolf and Willie Dixon wrote the songs that became the basis for the great rock bands of the 60s either. But I went back and learned and saw the originals. Most music today is crap BTW. Will be forgotten in a year
I try to tell my 14 yo daughter that, but...
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]