This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rhezick
"The PowerShares Series, the North American tennis circuit for champion tennis players over the age of 30, will stage a new event in Lynchburg, Va., on Monday, October 16 at the Vines Center on the campus of Liberty University.John McEnroe, James Blake, Andy Roddick and Michael Chang will compete in Lynchburg, the city where Hall of Fame tennis coach Walter Johnson famously mentored and coached Arthur Ashe during Ashe’s teenage years"

http://www.powersharesseries.com/powers ... -virginia/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Interesting to see how they make the Vines Center into a Tennis venue.
McEnroe could be worth the price of admission
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
All four of those guys have personalities that play well for these shows. Think Harlem Globetrotters-style competition. Courier and Sampras used to do these as well. Cool experience up close to the court.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:I tried to look up ticket prices, but you had to have a special code to purchase them... and prices weren't available.
I saw prices. LIBERTY is the special code.

All different prices - $192 lowest - 92 next and down (well up).
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I'm sure I'll be getting a few tickets (to the event + the plane ride down from Boston).

I also recommend getting tickets in 101-103, 109, 113 or 119 - otherwise you'll get whiplash from your head going back and forth.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of the Globetrotters they are coming, too, on December 11.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:I'm sure I'll be getting a few tickets (to the event + the plane ride down from Boston).

I also recommend getting tickets in 101-103, 109, 113 or 119 - otherwise you'll get whiplash from your head going back and forth.
Take the train
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ATrain wrote:I'm sure I'll be getting a few tickets (to the event + the plane ride down from Boston).

Take the train
I don't have status on Amtrak :P
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:I also recommend getting tickets in 101-103, 109, 113 or 119 - otherwise you'll get whiplash from your head going back and forth.
Very wise counsel
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My racquetball partner bought the good tickets!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:I'm ready to not hear the commercials anymore.
'You can't be serious '
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I'm ready to not hear the commercials anymore.
'You can't be serious '
YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I know a few of you went. What did you think? Give us your review of the event.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:I know a few of you went. What did you think? Give us your review of the event.
I thought it was entertaining. Would've been better if there had been a little bit more competitiveness and less hamming it up, and I would've loved to have seen McEnroe actually lose his temper instead of just putting on an act.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]