This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Barry Moore, going to Richmond.

http://www.newsadvance.com/work_it_lync ... 0e4f3.html
The vice president for university outreach and strategic partnerships at Liberty University has been named the top executive at the Better Business Bureau of Central Virginia.

Barry N. Moore will become president and chief executive officer of the local BBB effective July 17, the organization's board announced Monday morning.
rogers3 wrote:So, is everybody looking at exit strategies?
It's surprising the opportunities LU alumni and staff are having given the apparent disdain for the university in the world of academia. Nothing really seems like obvious steps down. It's almost like Liberty is great career experience.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
It's surprising the opportunities LU alumni and staff are having given the apparent disdain for the university in the world of academia. Nothing really seems like obvious steps down. It's almost like Liberty is great career experience.
One way to look at it, I guess. I would surmise though, that most administrative level people at a school that has as many resources as LU boasts about would view that as a step down. Maybe this is more about taking opportunities when one is able. Many great LU faculty are undervalued and I think it impacts their ability to go on to better positions in other organizations. When you get to the Admin level, pay is all over the place and you have no idea when someone with no experience (think a Falwell family member) might be your new boss. In either case, it makes for an environment that most would jump from given the opportunity.
rogers3 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
One way to look at it, I guess. I would surmise though, that most administrative level people at a school that has as many resources as LU boasts about would view that as a step down. Maybe this is more about taking opportunities when one is able. Many great LU faculty are undervalued and I think it impacts their ability to go on to better positions in other organizations. When you get to the Admin level, pay is all over the place and you have no idea when someone with no experience (think a Falwell family member) might be your new boss. In either case, it makes for an environment that most would jump from given the opportunity.
You're probably right there. I feel like a lot of private companies get that way though. Not saying it's right, but it's certainly not uncommon.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]

LaTech

Liberty 2 LaTech 0. Yoder pitched 1 hitter with 8 […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]