This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm really wanting some wings tonight and I would prefer them not to be from BWW. The wing place I use to go to 10+ years ago doesn't seem to be open anymore.

I know you guys all love to eat so I trust your opinions.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm really wanting some wings tonight and I would prefer them not to be from BWW. The wing place I use to go to 10+ years ago doesn't seem to be open anymore.

I too would be interested because we're planning to head up that way this summer. I haven't lived Lynchburg in 10 years and I still miss Mudpuppy's.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I'm really wanting some wings tonight and I would prefer them not to be from BWW. The wing place I use to go to 10+ years ago doesn't seem to be open anymore.

Trio up here in Forest has some good wings.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Zaxbies has wings, too with 2 locations in the Lynchburg area.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts

EVERYTHING here is awesome

http://www.fifthandfederal.com/menu.html
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

We tried it about two months ago and were pretty disappointed. The food wasn't bad but the service wasn't great, but hopefully that changes. I know Brauburgers in Forest took some time to get some of the service issues under control.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

We tried it about two months ago and were pretty disappointed. The food wasn't bad but the service wasn't great, but hopefully that changes. I know Brauburgers in Forest took some time to get some of the service issues under control.
Yeah. The wait times were their biggest issues early on. We have been over a dozen times now and they have gotten a lot better. So much so we even heard other people comment on it. Now they have 'The Lawn' open so that will help
But again the food is worth it!
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:

Dinner on you? You can cover the whole crew that's down here!
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Yeah we didn't have any real wait to get to our table on the lawn but our silverware and drinks were all dirty (with something floating in all of our drinks) and we were sort of forgotten about by whichever server was there.

It wouldn't have been that big of a deal but when we asked for new drinks/silverware, everything that was brought out was pretty dirty. It became comical sending my water back like 4 times and I'm not even that picky. I didn't get big being picky at restaurants. :?

Food was good, so that is accurate but overall experience wasn't worth duplicating for us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:

Dinner on you? You can cover the whole crew that's down here!
What time will you be there? Won't be back in the Burg till 830-845
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
mudpuppies was the joint back in the day. bww/quaker steak are like the applebees of wings.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
RubberMallet wrote:mudpuppies was the joint back in the day. bww/quaker steak are like the applebees of wings.
Shut your mouth. Quaker Steak RULES
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
if you like under fried miniature chicken wings soaked in mediocre sauces.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:I still miss Mudpuppy's.
RubberMallet wrote:mudpuppies was the joint back in the day.
I used to live off their $.25 wings on Sundays.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i didn't even have to order much. 8 wings and then wait until all the girls that were with us couldn't possibly finish the 12 or 16 they ordered. couldn't beat that deal.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I have to agree with part of Mallet's assessment of Quaker Steak. The quality has suffered as they franchised. Significantly. But I disagree with his takes on the sauces. I am a fan of a slew of their flavors. Tuesdays when I am on the road and spot one nearby makes for an easy decision for me.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:I have to agree with part of Mallet's assessment of Quaker Steak. The quality has suffered as they franchised. Significantly. But I disagree with his takes on the sauces. I am a fan of a slew of their flavors. Tuesdays when I am on the road and spot one nearby makes for an easy decision for me.
Arizona Ranch all day long. Do agree with the portion size though.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Some of my other go-tos are Golden Garlic & Thai'R Cracker. The combination of the sauces on AYCE Tuesdays are what makes it still a strong experience.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]