This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Hopefully they will get arrested.
Hope not. May they witness the love of Christ close up on their visit to the Mountain!
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There is a bunch of snowflakes planning a protest in front of Ruby Tuesday's at 9 a.m. Just saw it on Channel 13 facebook page. Hopefully they will get arrested.
So, what you are saying is you hope they will break the law? :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Quick question:

Does anyone know if uber exist in Lynchburg?
According to my Uber App there were several options
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:There is a bunch of snowflakes planning a protest in front of Ruby Tuesday's at 9 a.m. Just saw it on Channel 13 facebook page. Hopefully they will get arrested.
Arrested for a peaceful protest?
By cruzan_flame13
flamehunter wrote:Apparently annoying the ballcoach is a class 1 misdemenaor.

I'm sure he's referring to a Berkeley type or the women's march as an example. Although they were labeled as peaceful, it left behind thousands of dollars in damage and even people being injured. If you think this type of outcome cannot happen whilst the president is in town, then I'm not sure if you haven't been informed with events occurring around the U.S. in the past year. Hopefully if one protest occur, that it wouldn't lead to that out come or happen on private property (LU). I would also hope that it will be small and not have people from all over the country coming to Lynchburg and pretend to be residents so that the media can use that and twist a narrative as they've done before.
Last edited by cruzan_flame13 on May 10th, 2017, 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By cruzan_flame13
Purple Haize wrote:
cruzan_flame13 wrote:Quick question:

Does anyone know if uber exist in Lynchburg?
According to my Uber App there were several options

Thanks, that is pretty cool and helpful.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

I'm sure he's referring to a Berkeley type or the women's march as an example. Although they were labeled as peaceful, it left behind thousands of dollars in damage and even people being injured. If you think this type of outcome cannot happen whilst the president is in town, then I'm not sure if you haven't been informed with events occurring around the U.S. in the past year. Hopefully if one protest occur, that it wouldn't lead to that out come or happen on private property (LU). I would also hope that it will be small and not have people from all over the country coming to Lynchburg and pretend to be residents so that the media can use that and twist a narrative as they've done before.

Thanks for the unnecessary current events update. :roll:

I am well aware of what protesters have been doing all over the country. If they do that nonsense here I also hope they are arrested. However for ballcoach to make that statement, one could surmise that he must be hoping they perform some unlawful acts. I doubt that was his thought so I made the joke that their crime would be his annoyance. I think everyone else understood my comment and I hope you do now as well.
By cruzan_flame13
Flamethrower I received your joke, so I don't know why you think I didn't. The reason why I brought it up was to point out who were characterized as a snowflake for the past year. It's more than annoyance even if ballcoach makes a statement about it. Also, when you include local media in the bunch, then it's a good chance to escalate quickly.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Someone should make a "bring back ruby Tuesday" sign and picket with them.

"what does a salad bar look like? THIS IS WHAT A SALAD BAR LOOKS LIKE"
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:
Someone should make a "bring back ruby Tuesday" sign and picket with them.

"what does a salad bar look like? THIS IS WHAT A SALAD BAR LOOKS LIKE"
#MSGA
Make Salad Great Again

IF I were younger I would counter protest the protestors and hold up silly signs
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:

If you think that's what he's referring to, you don't know ballcoach.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Then does that make him a snowflake?
:clapping

If a snowflake is someone who believes anything he doesn't LIKE has no right to exist, YES.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Went to the dump on 460 East and driving back to campus I saw one of those big city digital traffic signs that said to expect heavy congested traffic on Saturday. :shock:
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Went to the dump on 460 East and driving back to campus I saw one of those big city digital traffic signs that said to expect heavy congested traffic on Saturday. :shock:
From 5AM to 6PM, no less.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Went to the dump on 460 East and driving back to campus I saw one of those big city digital traffic signs that said to expect heavy congested traffic on Saturday. :shock:
From 5AM to 6PM, no less.
Saw that driving home last night. Had to laugh. 5 AM. Holy Cow :shock:
I would love to see AF 1 land and/ take off though
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Candlers mtn rd above campus is closed sat morning. So dont plan on going up there to watch it
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
LUconn wrote:Candlers mtn rd above campus is closed sat morning. So dont plan on going up there to watch it
Is that for security purposes?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
So, who wants to trigger some liberals? Here are some signs I thought of:
From Russia With Love
Lock Her Up
Resistance is Futile
I'll Trigger You
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]