This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
I know you all love talking about food. Mrs. Cider has a birthday tomorrow, and we've got a restaurant picked out dinner, but we might go somewhere else for dessert. Who has the best DESSERT in town, and what is it?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, guys, but I was probably looking for a good cheesecake or a high-end fancy dessert place.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Thanks, guys, but I was probably looking for a good cheesecake or a high-end fancy dessert place.
The place I put IS a high end dessert place. And does have cheese cake from time to time. It has places to sit and lounge and everything
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, Purple. :clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So? Where did you end up? How did it go? Dinner option? Dessert? Details man!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Mrs. Cider chose the restaurant and the movie, and I was in charge of choosing the dessert location.

We went to Koto for dinner, since birthday girls (and guys) get a FREE dinner on their birthday! Then we drove to the theater at the Plaza for the Jack Reacher movie with Tom Cruise and got a medium popcorn and Cherry Coke. After the movie, the plan was to drive to Fifth and Federal for dessert, but they were CLOSED on Mondays. :cry:

So plan B was to stop by Moore's Country Store for dessert, and we ended up with banana pudding and chocolate pie. But we definitely want to go back to Fifth and Federal, once they are OPEN.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I've never been there, but a lot of times when my wife would go out for dessert with her friends, Main St. Eatery was the destination.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Bottom line is there aren't any good dessert places in Lynchburg.

Cao, or whatever it's called now, is over priced and they basically only serve chocolate. You've got your standard Sweet Frog type places, Coldstone, Dairy Queen, Mr. Goodies. Other than that, it's fast food places for milkshakes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:Bottom line is there aren't any good dessert places in Lynchburg.

Cao, or whatever it's called now, is over priced and they basically only serve chocolate. You've got your standard Sweet Frog type places, Coldstone, Dairy Queen, Mr. Goodies. Other than that, it's fast food places for milkshakes.
Altus/CAO is amazing. Yes it's a higher price point than a Hershey bar but the quality is worth it. Plus the fondue etc is pretty good It's not an every day place but a nice place to go from time to time.
On a side note their hot chocolate is the best. Ever
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jcmanson wrote:I'm not a huge chocolate fan which is why I don't care for it.
Neither am I. But I do enjoy their White Chocolate bar and their hot chocolate The hot chocolate reminds me of what I used to have when I was over seas
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]