This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rhezick
ballah09 wrote:
rogers3 wrote: The school can only go so far on the shoestring budget allocated to faculty. Sorry, but all of you who graduated from LU should realize that any respect for an LU diploma has done nothing but decline over the same time we are building up the campus (and cutting the budget for faculty). By the way Sly, did you ever find out what happened with Emily Heady. The word is that she has resigned.
I want to know as well. Such a big loss and really pathetic if they let her go.
Just noticed her facebook is now listed as "former" vice provost, with several comments ranging from speechless to shock. Really odd.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
rhezick wrote:
ballah09 wrote:
rogers3 wrote: The school can only go so far on the shoestring budget allocated to faculty. Sorry, but all of you who graduated from LU should realize that any respect for an LU diploma has done nothing but decline over the same time we are building up the campus (and cutting the budget for faculty). By the way Sly, did you ever find out what happened with Emily Heady. The word is that she has resigned.
I want to know as well. Such a big loss and really pathetic if they let her go.
Just noticed her facebook is now listed as "former" vice provost, with several comments ranging from speechless to shock. Really odd.
I think many here turn a blind eye to certain behaviors within the operations of the school that look quite corrupt when you dig a bit. Emily will certainly do better and we'll be more appreciated at her next school.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I don't know anything about the situation (and frankly I don't want to know at this point but if I ever do I won't mind asking), but before we break out the pitchforks and render a verdict in the court of public opinion on this particular situation, maybe consider that schools in general (not just "evil" Liberty) don't discuss personnel matters (which this would fall under) for a reason.

That isn't to say that I don't think the school can do a lot better in areas of compensation (my salary wasn't anything to write home about but it got the job done at the time), but I'm not going to sit here at my keyboard and ignore the good things that have taken place. I am hopeful that after this aggressive building phase, the school will take a look at other areas, that included.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]