This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:If one looks at new logo closely, they will see "LCA" in the center.
You mean like this: HIL-LCA-TS? Whooaa! That is really weird! Falwells are taking over the baseball team too!
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Terrible, outdated colors? Check. Ridiculous font? Check. Stupid letter trails? Check. Bad logo designs? Check.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Image
Ugly all around.
I like the logo. The colors do look a bit dated. I'm not a font Nazi so whatever Better than it was IMO. Plus it's Minor League baseball. It will change in a year or two
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Sort of reminds me of Coastal Carolina University's colors.

Honestly I do not see new logo improving attendance and sales at Hillcats Store. If they would lower their prices, it might help sales.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Its not just ugly, its FUGLY
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
The paper said it was a California company that designed all these. And those will be the new team colors. The Hillcats admins are certain that changing the team's colors and logo will boost attendance.
:dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Jonathan Carone wrote:The logos aren't bad. They're facing the wrong way but they're not bad. The colors and typeface are horrible.
I think it's all pretty awful
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm just curious about the concerns of the logo direction, Jon. I get you never want to be going backward instead of forward, but does that hold true in baseball logos? Most of us view the game with baserunners heading left. I have seen discussions from both sides of this issue and don't have any skin in the game. I respect your opinion as a graphic designer.
By Jonathan Carone
If that's the thinking behind it then I get it. However, my process and philosophy is that everything should make sense at first glance. Things shouldn't have to be explained. One of my favorite quotes is from a guy named Christopher Chapman. He's the global creativity and innovation director for Disney. He says people may not always be able to articulate the details, but they always notice them. That's the issue at play with the way the logos are facing.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Thanks to a free ticket given out after a Food Lion purchase, Mrs. Cider and I attended our first Hillcats game of the season. Purple will be pleased to know that not only are DOGS allowed ($2 canine ticket), but the cheese on the nachos is piping HOT and comes with jalapenos! :clapping
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Thanks to a free ticket given out after a Food Lion purchase, Mrs. Cider and I attended our first Hillcats game of the season. Purple will be pleased to know that not only are DOGS allowed ($2 canine ticket), but the cheese on the nachos is piping HOT and comes with jalapenos! :clapping
You may see Mrs Purple and I at a game
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]