This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:Way to go for the steriotype Purple He has posted pics here of his macho red Jeep Wrangler Pretty much the worst possible vehicle to zip around ignoring pesky speed limits in Dallas traffic
I think he sold it. And he lives in Boston.
If I wanted to stereotype id go VW Bug or convertible 3 series
OK, I knew he was talking about it, but didn't know he had made the move I'm sure he THINKS he is mentally prepared for this winter, but if it's like the last few, he is in for a shock after spending a lifetime in VA and TX If he sold the Wrangler, another 4wd (without the soft top) would be in order My brother lives in Boston Besides the cold and snow, traffic is worse there than Dallas (or just about anywhere in the US for that matter)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
olldflame wrote:Way to go for the steriotype Purple He has posted pics here of his macho red Jeep Wrangler Pretty much the worst possible vehicle to zip around ignoring pesky speed limits in Dallas traffic
I think he sold it. And he lives in Boston.
If I wanted to stereotype id go VW Bug or convertible 3 series
OK, I knew he was talking about it, but didn't know he had made the move I'm sure he THINKS he is mentally prepared for this winter, but if it's like the last few, he is in for a shock after spending a lifetime in VA and TX If he sold the Wrangler, another 4wd (without the soft top) would be in order My brother lives in Boston Besides the cold and snow, traffic is worse there than Dallas (or just about anywhere in the US for that matter)[/quote

What's the saying? 'Be careful what you wish for ....' He'll learn
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:221 is almost as bad as Ward's Road now.
Everybody on 221 is flocking to the Forest Burger King, esp. now that they are selling those new Cheetos chicken fries. :shock:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:221 is almost as bad as Ward's Road now.
Everybody on 221 is flocking to the Forest Burger King, esp. now that they are selling those new Cheetos chicken fries. :shock:
I thought it was the grill dogs?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:
ATrain wrote:
olldflame wrote:Man, what have we been thinking all of these years wasting $$ and electricity on traffic lights We all know that when people get behind the wheel of a car they are always polite and respectful and take their turn

While we are at it, let's do away with those annoying speed limits too
Actually I am all for doing away with speed limits - they impede on my freedom to travel efficiently from point A to point B.
Based on that statement and knowing what you drive, I now fear for your life

Heaven forbid our safety (or your own) should make your travel less "efficient" :roll:
Sarcasm escapes you.

And yes, I drive a red Jeep, I did not sell it and I use it to zip around Boston, where the people actually did pass Drivers Education (trust me, everyone that failed went to Dallas).
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: What's the saying? 'Be careful what you wish for ....' He'll learn
Actually traffic in Boston is not worse than Dallas. Indeed, I'd rather drive through Manhattan (and I have) than in Dallas. The Jeep has always had a hard top. As for the weather - well yes, I'm going to hate it. I'm not ready to deal with it, but ready or not - its coming. Downtown Boston is also world's better than downtown Dallas - the culture, the people, downtown actually has life, green trees all around, quick and easy drives to the ocean, direct flights to Virginia on an airline that isn't run by Doug Parker, not to mention the train option and its not unreasonable to even drive back to Virginia. Bless your heart if you think I'm going to regret moving us from Dallas.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:No way I'd ever chose to drive through Manhattan over Dallas.
I've had to drive through both in 2015 and 2016. Trust me, people in Dallas do not know how to drive, period.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:The BK in Forest is the best one in the area. Me and a lady friend ate there recently.
Must have been a first date. Second date is Country Cookin' I would bet.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
thepostman wrote:No way I'd ever chose to drive through Manhattan over Dallas.
I've had to drive through both in 2015 and 2016. Trust me, people in Dallas do not know how to drive, period.
Granted it's been 3 years since I have driven in Dallas but I was in Manhattan last week and absolutely despised driving there. Dallas was a cake walk in comparison.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
It's been too long since I drove in Dallas to make a legit comparison, but that would be just one more person's opinion anyway There are rankings out there on the best and worst cities for driving Boston is consistently rated one of the 10 worst Dallas is not, and in fact generally comes out about average I think ATrain is subconsciously transferring his general dislike for Dallas to his assessment of it's drivers

BTW, the surveys vary on which is worst, but candidates include DC as well as Detroit and NYC (especially Brooklyn and Queens)

When it comes to bad driving experiences, American cities are a relative paradise None are in the top 10 worldwide, and there seems to be a mini-consensus that Cebu City in the Phillipines is the worst I have to say that it can't be a lot worse than Santo Domingo here in the DR I don't mind driving here in La Romana (or pretty much anywhere else in the DR) at all, but I avoid the Capital if at all possible It's considerably more stressful than driving in any American city, and I have been to pretty much all of them
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:It's been too long since I drove in Dallas to make a legit comparison, but that would be just one more person's opinion anyway There are rankings out there on the best and worst cities for driving Boston is consistently rated one of the 10 worst Dallas is not, and in fact generally comes out about average I think ATrain is subconsciously transferring his general dislike for Dallas to his assessment of it's drivers

BTW, the surveys vary on which is worst, but candidates include DC as well as Detroit and NYC (especially Brooklyn and Queens)

When it comes to bad driving experiences, American cities are a relative paradise None are in the top 10 worldwide, and there seems to be a mini-consensus that Cebu City in the Phillipines is the worst I have to say that it can't be a lot worse than Santo Domingo here in the DR I don't mind driving here in La Romana (or pretty much anywhere else in the DR) at all, but I avoid the Capital if at all possible It's considerably more stressful than driving in any American city, and I have been to pretty much all of them
I've driven in La Romana. It wasn't bad at all
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:I think ATrain is subconsciously transferring his general dislike for Dallas to his assessment of it's drivers
Yeah that is pretty much what I think as well.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
olldflame wrote:I think ATrain is subconsciously transferring his general dislike for Dallas to his assessment of it's drivers
Yeah that is pretty much what I think as well.
I'm not terribly fond of Houston, but their drivers are better. Traffic wise, yes - you will spend more hours stuck in traffic in Boston than Dallas on average - but people here at least know green means go, which lane you're supposed to turn from, and to drive in the direction of the arrow on a one-way street. I constantly witnessed the opposite of that in Dallas, on average about three times a week.

Also, let us be perfectly clear. I do not dislike Dallas - I have nothing but pure and unadulterated loathing for Dallas.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:The BK in Forest is the best one in the area. Me and a lady friend ate there recently.
We actually met at Country Cookin.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
We actually met at Country Cookin.
:clapping
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:We actually met at Country Cookin.
Was she a waitress there?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:We actually met at Country Cookin.
Was she a waitress there?
Did you just assume gender?
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple, I know that WVU doesn't teach reading comprehension, but try to keep up! :fineprint (Ballcoach isn't going Atrain on us).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple, I know that WVU doesn't teach reading comprehension, but try to keep up! :fineprint (Ballcoach isn't going Atrain on us).
This story involved the BK. The one I was responding to was at Country Kitchen.
Keep working. You will get there
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
As a red sox fan who has made several trips....Boston is the worst city to drive in that I've been too and it's not even close. Once you miss a turn it could take an hour to get back to where you need to be. There's a reason they called that project the never ending big dig or something like that.
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]