This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Speaking of ffer restaurants, what happened to arosto in forest opening summer of 2015? That Plaza isn't even done yet as of summer 2016.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
At least there is a Zaxsby's in Forest now! :clapping
Last edited by Cider Jim on June 16th, 2016, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
Cider, you serious bro? Ha man that's degrading my thread.... Hahahaha jk... come on man... Zaxsbys?!? For real?

Last I heard was Arosta is not opening At that new forest shoping plaza for multiple reasons. Anyone know why the heck it takes 2 years to build that in bedford county? LBC I can understand... But Bedford ?? That plaza in front of Walmart express has taken insanely long.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Quit typing and keep working on your place!!! I need some ribs!!! Ha
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Jlread, Forest is a small town. Not many places to eat here besides Zaxsby's and Bull's. But if your ribs are as good as Purple says they are, I'll be there. Hoping you'll be open on Sundays, because my church is downtown.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:Cider, you serious bro? Ha man that's degrading my thread.... Hahahaha jk... come on man... Zaxsbys?!? For real?

Last I heard was Arosta is not opening At that new forest shoping plaza for multiple reasons. Anyone know why the heck it takes 2 years to build that in bedford county? LBC I can understand... But Bedford ?? That plaza in front of Walmart express has taken insanely long.
Helloooo...proto???
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Jlread, Forest is a small town. Not many places to eat here besides Zaxsby's and Bull's. But if your ribs are as good as Purple says they are, I'll be there. Hoping you'll be open on Sundays, because my church is downtown.
You've met me, right? Why would you doubt my ribs review of this place?
Also, the Chicken Salad Melt at Bulls is one of our favorite meals
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple has never let me down on food recommendations before, so I trust his judgment when it comes to RIBS.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Purple has never let me down on food recommendations before, so I trust his judgment when it comes to RIBS.
You are a good man and you will not be disappointed

I'm also excited to check out their other fars. The BBQ was good. I wondered if it was just the meat that fell off the rib bones!
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Jlread, Forest is a small town. Not many places to eat here besides Zaxsby's and Bull's. But if your ribs are as good as Purple says they are, I'll be there. Hoping you'll be open on Sundays, because my church is downtown.

I completely understand. I was excited about Arosta moving in because so far I'm sorta unimpressed by most of the pizza places that have moved into forest.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:I'm sorta unimpressed by most of the pizza places that have moved into forest.
Have you tried the Trio's pizza? It's a new place that just opened this year. That's one of Mrs. Cider's favorite restaurants!

http://www.trioeatery.com/
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
jlread wrote:I'm sorta unimpressed by most of the pizza places that have moved into forest.
Have you tried the Trio's pizza? It's a new place that just opened this year. That's one of Mrs. Cider's favorite restaurants!

I have. I like a few of the burgers they offer. The one pizza I tried didn't seem... Was ok. I'm partial to wood stove pizza like they do at Rivermont Pizza. Trio has a propane stove.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:

I have. I like a few of the burgers they offer. The one pizza I tried didn't seem... Was ok. I'm partial to wood stove pizza like they do at Rivermont Pizza. Trio has a propane stove.
I agree. I was underwhelmed at Trio
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
You know one of the best things in Forest?!?! Neighbors Sashimi grade tuna. When they make it into tuna salad by itself in a bowl with crackers and there thai hot sauce. Ha..sounds weird but if you get it with a $2 Pilsner. It's the best $7 you'll spend in Forest.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:You know one of the best things in Forest?!?! Neighbors Sashimi grade tuna. When they make it into tuna salad by itself in a bowl with crackers and there thai hot sauce. Ha..sounds weird but if you get it with a $2 Pilsner. It's the best $7 you'll spend in Forest.
Wow, that's a great deal. What Pilsner?
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
jlread wrote:You know one of the best things in Forest?!?! Neighbors Sashimi grade tuna. When they make it into tuna salad by itself in a bowl with crackers and there thai hot sauce. Ha..sounds weird but if you get it with a $2 Pilsner. It's the best $7 you'll spend in Forest.
It's called Neighbors Pilsner. I think it's actually Lions head or Coors Banquet beer but they pretend it's there own beer.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
It's called Neighbors Pilsner. I think it's actually Lions head or Coors Banquet beer but they pretend it's there own beer.
Oh, ok. Coors isn't a Pilsner, so I'm assuming it's the former.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:
adam42381 wrote:

In addition to the beer, do you think they might be using some other high end sources for your favorite tuna dish- Sam's, Food Lion...
By jlread
Registration Days Posts
Hahahaha nah they use US foods. But as for the "Neighbors Pilsner" I have confirmed they are using Coors Banquet beer. I'm aware that it's not a Pilsner. However that's the actual term they refer to it as because they were first using Something that was a Pilsner. That info is from a reliable source.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
jlread wrote:Hahahaha nah they use US foods. But as for the "Neighbors Pilsner" I have confirmed they are using Coors Banquet beer. I'm aware that it's not a Pilsner. However that's the actual term they refer to it as because they were first using Something that was a Pilsner. That info is from a reliable source.
Well, that's a pretty crappy misrepresentation and should be changed. If I ordered a Pilsner and got an American adjunct lager (which Miller Lite is, regardless of what they call it) I'd be pretty upset. It's the equivalent to having a ribeye on the menu, but serving sirloin in its place.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
For those of you not following them on Facebook you missed out

Tonight was their free tastings! Rufus was on point! I'm excited for what this place can be. I can't wait for them to open! Great job guys!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Thanks for the invite!
Do you follow them on FB? No? Then suck it!
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

To suggest Cleveland won't start is pretty ignoran[…]