This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I looked at their page but am not a follower. One must impress me first before I grant such an honor.
We can't have a bromance you aren't on my FB page!
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
So me and the wife checked this place out tonight and we can't say enough good things about it! We really liked the theme (well, at least the bar area...the back room where we were was so-so) They did have TV's with the football game on, so that is a plus. The main bar area is really nice and a great place to hang out and eat, especially if you have a group of people with you.

The food was simply fantastic. We started off with the onion rings. Best rings I have ever had. Sweet onions, whiskey batter and cooked absolutely perfect. The Federal Dipping sauce is amazing. If there is any left after you finish the wings, you will lick the bowl clean of the remaining part.

Wife and I both had the pulled pork. Very smoky, tender and flavorful. Good measure of good que is no need for sauce. And you do not need sauce, although the sauce they provide compliments it perfectly. Great sauce. I had the green beans as a side. They needed salt & pepper, but after that, they were great. My wife had mashed potatoes and I may have tested hers out more than she liked... Each entree comes with 2 hush puppies. These had a honey and bacon sauce? on the outside of them and 2 were not enough...they were the incredible. The pulled pork platter was only $9.00....extremely great value for the quality of food!

Did have 1 of their signature drinks, the Bedford Bird Dog. Very good...priced at $8.00.

Overall, Chef Rufus knocked the food out of the park. We will be very regular customers! If you have not been yet, make it a priority.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Rufus is The Man!
I'm so jealous. I'm not sure we will be eating out until after hoops season. But this is #1 on our list
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Rufus is The Man!
I'm so jealous. I'm not sure we will be eating out until after hoops season. But this is #1 on our list
Let me know when you go....I'm inviting myself...Can't wait to go back!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
HenryGale wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Rufus is The Man!
Let me know when you go....I'm inviting myself...Can't wait to go back!
I'll see if I can talk Mrs Purple into a post church visit
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:Whipped.
Yep. You know the season makes you tired
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
So I went today. Still here in fact...
Let me start with the Price Points. Absolutely spot on and affordable $20 for a full rack for f ribs with a side? Pretty competitive (for the record we ordered a rack to go) But everything is very reasonably priced
The variety on the menu is impressive. I was expecting 'just a BBQ place'. Boy was I wrong. Burgers creations, Salads, Mac and Cheese items. There is also something called a 'Hoecake' that I was afraid to say out loud for fear of being misunderstood! The onion rings are truly spectacular. We had burgers for here and are taking bbq home.
Rufus the Pitmaster is The Best. I could say more but it won't do him justice.
The Bourbon selection is massive. You can have a poor for $8-$130!!
The atmosphere is pretty cool. Hard to describe. Not wine and cheese but not Texas T room either. Great place for a date. Great place to go watch The Game. It can handle both.
Parking is unique. We parked at the Dollar General across the Street.
Absolutely loved this place.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Once you sample the ribs when you get home, give us a follow-up review on the ribs. :pig :tailgate
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Yea...I felt the same way about the Hoecakes...didn't want to get slapped by our waitress :D :D :D
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Once you sample the ribs when you get home, give us a follow-up review on the ribs. :pig :tailgate
The ribs are the best there are. Same as before
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:Once you sample the ribs when you get home, give us a follow-up review on the ribs. :pig :tailgate
Have you left yet? :roll: :roll: :roll:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
HenryGale wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
Have you left yet? :roll: :roll: :roll:
I was rolled out at about 2:15
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]