This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:The Liberty Bell? What? Why not throw in the Statue of LIBERTY as well?
The Liberty Bell symbol (and replica) has been around campus for a long time. My great aunt paid money for it. :lol:
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
ALUmnus wrote:The Liberty Bell? What? Why not throw in the Statue of LIBERTY as well?
The Liberty Bell symbol (and replica) has been around campus for a long time. My great aunt paid money for it. :I chortle audibly.:
I get that, still doesn't warrant being on a university seal. It's a stretch.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:
I get that, still doesn't warrant being on a university seal. It's a stretch.
No stretch at all. It's a historic symbol for the university and will become more prominent when the bells are added to the top of the tower.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
I did not see what SJ... Jon saw. His "professional" eye naturally catches these types of things.
However
My App State grad coworker took a look at it and said it looked like a _ _ _ _ in the middle - I asked him to take a look at it and let me know what he thinks of our new seal.

Unfortunate that is the first thing people see when seeing what represents our school.
Last edited by LUnpretty11 on June 16th, 2016, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Jon must've got to your friend. It's the only explanation.
SJ/Jon better not be making a power play or a Coup on my power as Potentate!!! :flamingdevil :flamingdevil :flamingdevil :flamingdevil
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
I remember having this conversation a few years ago with Jon about logos when the Wizards came out with their new logo. Jon is right. when i first saw the freedom tower drawings it reminded me of driving into Winston-Salem...Image
And for those who don't know what wizards logo i was referencing:
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:...
And for those who don't know what wizards logo i was referencing:
I literally never saw this like that... Dang. Now I will forever see that like THAT, and that THAT is not good. Thanks pal :evil:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
There is even a newer version of the seal that is not as busy: they have dropped the outer circle and the leaves at the bottom.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:There is even a newer version of the seal that is not as busy: they have dropped the outer circle and the leaves at the bottom.
If you find a link, please share!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Image
Image the octagon as the outside border, and it's in color on banners all over campus.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
First reaction - here at Liberty, the Bible is a popup story book. Inside, the magical journey of Liberty University, the world's most exciting evangelical university; its greatness signified by one JR erect penis tower. It's Biblical.

Second reaction - I don't really care.

Third reaction - a bit surprised they did not incorporate a red sea. WE NEED A NEW NAME AGAIN!

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Schfourteenteen wrote:First reaction - here at Liberty, the Bible is a popup story book. Inside, the magical journey of Liberty University, the world's most exciting evangelical university; its greatness signified by one JR erect penis tower. It's Biblical.

Second reaction - I don't really care.

Third reaction - a bit surprised they did not incorporate a red sea. WE NEED A NEW NAME AGAIN!

Have you donated to the cause?
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]