This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Who's going? What days?
Mrs Purple and I will be there Sunday
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I will be there Sunday, using my Military ID Card for Free Admission.
Good for you. That's when all the cool people will be there 8)
I thought you were Army? Are you allowed to watch Navy stuff? Or are you just thanking them for driving you everywhere? :D
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I will be there Sunday, using my Military ID Card for Free Admission.
I thought you were Army? Are you allowed to watch Navy stuff? Or are you just thanking them for driving you everywhere? :D
haha. $30 for an airshow GA ticket is way too much. $120 for a family of 4... yeah right. We watched from up on the mountain Saturday at the Med School and got to see some of them fly over our house Sunday. Good enough for us.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
haha. $30 for an airshow GA ticket is way too much. $120 for a family of 4... yeah right. We watched from up on the mountain Saturday at the Med School and got to see some of them fly over our house Sunday. Good enough for us.
I heard that was a great place to watch it. We got the VIP tickets and it was pretty close to worth it. Had it not been for the rain it definitely would have been
I feel SO bad for the organizers and embarrassed for the Lynchburg Area. The first year it was blazing hot and they were not prepared for the parking and crowd. This year they were prepared for the heat and the crowd.....but not the rain and mud.
I thought the acts were better. I really like the one before the Angels. I did miss the Flying Circus biplanes from up in Bealton (which I recommend going to and taking a ride. Very worth it!). I'm not sure if it was the mud or not but there was a big distance between the displays and the VIP area. I would think it it were dry taking the golf cart shuttles would take care of that. Conversely all the cool crosses and fly overs were right in front of the VIP section so.....
When they moved VIP parking it would have been nice to have a designated lot and signage and/or communications directing us there. Not sure how feasible the signage would be but communication with the workers should be
I'm embarrassed by all the whining and complaining I heard about stuff the organizers had no control over. The way several people treated the staff and volunteers was horrifying. It was like they were the hired help or something. It was muddy. Things will get dirty. If everyone wants to leave at the same time, there are going to be lines. If you didn't pay for VIP tickets, don't expect to be let in to the VIP areas. Geez.
3 Big shout outs
1. Volunteers. Crappy days to get up and do their jobs. Plus dealing with all the crap people threw at them
2. Liberty University. It may not have been much, but letting them use the parking lots etc was huge. Especially after all theirs were rained out
3. Mama Crocketts Donuts. Free Donuts in the VIP area. I may have eaten the price of my ticket in donuts
1 biggest complaints
They didn't play Danger Zone!
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Everyone in the military (Department of Defense) has one mission:

To support the Infantry.....Army

Worst thing I saw about air show was the Ward's Road traffic after the show. The State Police should have disabled the traffic lights at Airport, Sheetz, and Burley's Market. When I left Lynchburg northbound traffic was backed up from airport to English Tavern Road. That was totally un-called for. Keep lights on green and let traffic flow.

Actually traffic would flow better all the time, if VDOT removed all traffic lights on Ward's Road.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Everyone in the military (Department of Defense) has one mission:

To support the Infantry.....Army

Worst thing I saw about air show was the Ward's Road traffic after the show. The State Police should have disabled the traffic lights at Airport, Sheetz, and Burley's Market. When I left Lynchburg northbound traffic was backed up from airport to English Tavern Road. That was totally un-called for. Keep lights on green and let traffic flow.

Actually traffic would flow better all the time, if VDOT removed all traffic lights on Ward's Road.
:BS
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
That's because the Army needs all the help it can get
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Back in the day, one of my favorite sayings was:

Marines are not smart enough to get in Army.
Air Force and Navy are not tough enough to get in Army.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We say a lot about the army too but I'll keep it to myself :)

In all seriousness thanks for your service.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:We say a lot about the army too but I'll keep it to myself :)

In all seriousness thanks for your service.
To both of you!
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]