This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Bunch of haters...

Dunton is a good coach and could have got the RC job, if he wanted it.

Him and Royer are great coaches and it's proven everywhere they have gone.
prototype wrote:Bunch of haters...

What article did you read :dontgetit
The N and A does a good job looking for cool coaching angles.
It wasn't that long ago that LHS was a State level contender in Boys Hoops The talent is out there
There is a reason RD hasn't coached at the D1 level since he was not renewed at LU. Our former AD, who is now at GW, has had a couple of openings, RD was not considered. There are many other contacts that are/were in a place to help/hire him and haven't. He may be a good coach/man, but those who know him best, have not reached out to him for some reason. Play Basketball
prototype wrote:Bunch of haters...

Thank you!!!! Great man, great character, great coach. Anyone would be lucky to have him leading their program. Call me a kool-aid drinker all you want to, but I get really tired of seeing people on these message boards DOG good people when they only know half a story, or half a gossip session.

As someone who first hand experienced the gossip and bad mouthing and rumors and mess that CHRISTIANS start when someone is "let go" or "allowed to resign" from LU, I cannot STAND to see/read/hear all the judgement and shade people throw.

Emilee and Randy are building a quality program with wins. More importantly, they are building character and culture in their little corner of Bedford.
justagirl wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:What article are you guys reading? It seemed pretty positive to me

The article WAS positive. I was talking to everyone else on the post being ugly.
:dontgetit
No one said anything bad about the article. Take the win and the compliment
We should do a FF reunion at one of his games. Does anyone know if the nacho cheese is hotter at high school games? :wink:
Cider Jim wrote:We should do a FF reunion at one of his games. Does anyone know if the nacho cheese is hotter at high school games? :wink:
The chili cheese nachos at Appomattox are pipping hot and tasty. The ones at William Campbell are outstanding
JK37 wrote:Of all the concession foods I've eaten at HS bball games over the years, the Walking Taco's of Ohio are #1.
Not that you'd have reason to, but if you ever go there, the nachos at William Campbell are LEGIT.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]