This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Typical 'resign or be fired'. The University is again showing it's horrible PR track record. The only response they need is 'Mr DeMoss has served the Universitty well over the last 25 years. It's difficult to imagine what this school would look like with out his input and direction over that time frame. We wish him nothing but success in the years to come. '.

This stuff is not that difficult people
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:Typical 'resign or be fired'. The University is again showing it's horrible PR track record. The only response they need is 'Mr DeMoss has served the Universitty well over the last 25 years. It's difficult to imagine what this school would look like with out his input and direction over that time frame. We wish him nothing but success in the years to come. '.

So, if any wonders whether or not this is a family business...

Funny that only one person had the balls to have a contrary opinion; could it be that all the others really march in lockstep to whatever the boss says?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Typical 'resign or be fired'. The University is again showing it's horrible PR track record. The only response they need is 'Mr DeMoss has served the Universitty well over the last 25 years. It's difficult to imagine what this school would look like with out his input and direction over that time frame. We wish him nothing but success in the years to come. '.

So, if any wonders whether or not this is a family business...

Funny that only one person had the balls to have a contrary opinion; could it be that all the others really march in lockstep to whatever the boss says?
They see what happens when you don't. At least publicly
By justagirl
Registration Days Posts
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthro ... dorsement/

another article with the series of events in the "he said he said." It's a shame that Liberty "allows" people to resign when they are ready to be rid of them. That's not better. And if it's Christian, it ought to be ;)

I wanted to attach some screenshots to this post, but can't figure out how to attach images saved to my computer. help!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
justagirl wrote:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/warrenthro ... dorsement/

another article with the series of events in the "he said he said." It's a shame that Liberty "allows" people to resign when they are ready to be rid of them. That's not better. And if it's Christian, it ought to be ;)

I wanted to attach some screenshots to this post, but can't figure out how to attach images saved to my computer. help!
Most places allow you to 'resign' instead of being fired. Unless it's a gross policy or ethical violation. It's just the way it is

As for pictures I think they have to be saved on some type of online storage site to be posted.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
Jr. only wants yes men around him. His ego has surpassed that of his father and he's embarrassing himself and, more importantly, Liberty alumni everywhere. It's time for him to go. Unfortunately that will never happen. I fully expect Trey to take over when Jr. goes and the nepotism will continue.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I noticed that Ron Godwin is still on the Board. What the heck.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Truth be known, if one doesn't support Trump, they are supporting Hillary and that is not good. Our nation cannot afford to have that woman in the White House. Only house she belongs in is the Big House, i.e. prison.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:I noticed that Ron Godwin is still on the Board. What the heck.
'Gargomyle' has like 9 lives. If there was nuclear war he'd be the only one left with the cock roaches
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:Jr. only wants yes men around him. His ego has surpassed that of his father and he's embarrassing himself and, more importantly, Liberty alumni everywhere. It's time for him to go. Unfortunately that will never happen. I fully expect Trey to take over when Jr. goes and the nepotism will continue.
I'm washing my hands of this save this comment and it's for Adam:

Speak for yourself. I don't necessarily agree with everything the university does, but I'm not embarrassed to say I got my degree from Liberty University. Not to mention, I interact with a lot of people of different backgrounds and not once has anyone bristled when I mentioned I graduated from there...and these are not uninformed people I interact with either. If you are embarrassed that's one thing but you aren't the sole spokesperson for thousands of grads across the country and around the world.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
adam42381 wrote:Jr. only wants yes men around him. His ego has surpassed that of his father and he's embarrassing himself and, more importantly, Liberty alumni everywhere. It's time for him to go. Unfortunately that will never happen. I fully expect Trey to take over when Jr. goes and the nepotism will continue.
I'm washing my hands of this save this comment and it's for Adam:

Speak for yourself. I don't necessarily agree with everything the university does, but I'm not embarrassed to say I got my degree from Liberty University. Not to mention, I interact with a lot of people of different backgrounds and not once has anyone bristled when I mentioned I graduated from there...and these are not uninformed people I interact with either. If you are embarrassed that's one thing but you aren't the sole spokesperson for thousands of grads across the country and around the world.
:koolaid :koolaid :koolaid
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote: Speak for yourself. I don't necessarily agree with everything the university does, but I'm not embarrassed to say I got my degree from Liberty University. Not to mention, I interact with a lot of people of different backgrounds and not once has anyone bristled when I mentioned I graduated from there...and these are not uninformed people I interact with either. If you are embarrassed that's one thing but you aren't the sole spokesperson for thousands of grads across the country and around the world.
Are you kidding? you must not run into many people who have even heard of LU then. I get that look all the time even before all this trump fiasco crap happened. I got that look like "oh... you went THERE." I always follow up that I got my masters at a Large Public university just so people didn't go through the whole "did you have to have chaprones on dates" jokes. Now, I'm getting more and more responses that are getting worse. especially now. and to be quite honest? I don't mention where attended college much any more because I AM embarrassed. And there are a whole crap ton of alumni who feel the exact same way.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
flamesfilmguy wrote:
BJWilliams wrote: Speak for yourself. I don't necessarily agree with everything the university does, but I'm not embarrassed to say I got my degree from Liberty University. Not to mention, I interact with a lot of people of different backgrounds and not once has anyone bristled when I mentioned I graduated from there...and these are not uninformed people I interact with either. If you are embarrassed that's one thing but you aren't the sole spokesperson for thousands of grads across the country and around the world.
Are you kidding? you must not run into many people who have even heard of LU then. I get that look all the time even before all this trump fiasco crap happened. I got that look like "oh... you went THERE." I always follow up that I got my masters at a Large Public university just so people didn't go through the whole "did you have to have chaprones on dates" jokes. Now, I'm getting more and more responses that are getting worse. especially now. and to be quite honest? I don't mention where attended college much any more because I AM embarrassed. And there are a whole crap ton of alumni who feel the exact same way.
I agree 100%, FFG. I always say I went to a small private college in Virginia because of the stigma around Liberty. If they push for an answer, I sheepishly admit where I went, but I always get follow-up questions which make it obvious that they know the school's reputation (which isn't good). I know I don't speak for everyone, but there are a LARGE number of us out there.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
What is the point of a board of trustees? And board meetings? Nonprofit requirement? The school is obviously Jerry's toy truck at this point. Vrooom vroom
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BJ you're crazy. I don't know how many times I have had to defend Liberty when I have mentioned I graduated from there. It's enough for me to avoid the topic for the most part.

This kind of thing is getting old. I really hoped Junior would be above this kind of crap but in a lot of ways he is worse.

It's sad to see.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
As I travel around the country, I always wear my LU cap/shirt.

Everyone needs to get on the Trump train. We cannot afford for Liberal Hillary to become Commander in Chief.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Now if we can only get people to post in the appropriate threads........
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
My quandary about this from the beginning has been...what influence does Jr actually have other than the running of a university? It's not like he has some sort of following like Doc had. He has name recognition (because it's actually someone else's name), but does anyone really care what he says? I just don't get it.

And I don't get why he's constantly referred to as a Christian leader. It's a totally ignorant category for him and incredibly frustrating. And people also assume he's a Southern Baptist, which he's not, so that's a further frustration.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I could be completely wrong. If someone can correct me, please do.

I heard in the past what church he and his family attend. I can't remember the name of the church, but I believe it is in Bedford, and if I recall, it's not an SBC or Baptist church.

Again, if someone else knows better, please correct me.

And I'm not criticizing what church he attends, I just think some things need clarifying. Of course, I may be making it foggier.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
I guess I just assumed he attended TRBC. Did he have a falling out with his brother or has he always gone somewhere else? Just curious.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]