This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Member institutions must be accredited by one of 6 regional accrediting agencies. The NCAA may look the other way on a lot of things for programs like Carolina, but this wouldn't be one of them. I think the threat is real, but even if it happened, I doubt it would be long term. They would have to execute a p!an of correction and be re-revaluated.
I actually think ballcoach is from Gretna, so to him Lynchburg must look like NYC--but without the traffic. :wink:
olldflame wrote:Member institutions must be accredited by one of 6 regional accrediting agencies. The NCAA may look the other way on a lot of things for programs like Carolina, but this wouldn't be one of them. I think the threat is real, but even if it happened, I doubt it would be long term. They would have to execute a p!an of correction and be re-revaluated.
I think you're looking for this thread:

https://www.flamefans.com/forums/viewto ... 12&t=21929
We spent our vacation in Williamsburg last year. My daughter's band marched in the National July 4th parade, and we headed to Williamsburg right after. So yeah -- week of July 4th, historic tourist destination.

I had NO issues with traffic at all. We didn't do the beach, and didn't do Busch Gardens this time (which I now regret, since it was our last vacation with my wife), but we had a blast with no issues at all. No long restaurant waits (can't say that for most of the times I've been to Lynchburg), no traffic problems, nothing but a VERY pleasant week. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Anyone who had problems with Williamsburg traffic either got there at a VERY odd time or doesn't know what bad traffic is. And one isolated incident really doesn't make something the norm, ballcoach.
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]