This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Member institutions must be accredited by one of 6 regional accrediting agencies. The NCAA may look the other way on a lot of things for programs like Carolina, but this wouldn't be one of them. I think the threat is real, but even if it happened, I doubt it would be long term. They would have to execute a p!an of correction and be re-revaluated.
I actually think ballcoach is from Gretna, so to him Lynchburg must look like NYC--but without the traffic. :wink:
olldflame wrote:Member institutions must be accredited by one of 6 regional accrediting agencies. The NCAA may look the other way on a lot of things for programs like Carolina, but this wouldn't be one of them. I think the threat is real, but even if it happened, I doubt it would be long term. They would have to execute a p!an of correction and be re-revaluated.
I think you're looking for this thread:

https://www.flamefans.com/forums/viewto ... 12&t=21929
We spent our vacation in Williamsburg last year. My daughter's band marched in the National July 4th parade, and we headed to Williamsburg right after. So yeah -- week of July 4th, historic tourist destination.

I had NO issues with traffic at all. We didn't do the beach, and didn't do Busch Gardens this time (which I now regret, since it was our last vacation with my wife), but we had a blast with no issues at all. No long restaurant waits (can't say that for most of the times I've been to Lynchburg), no traffic problems, nothing but a VERY pleasant week. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Anyone who had problems with Williamsburg traffic either got there at a VERY odd time or doesn't know what bad traffic is. And one isolated incident really doesn't make something the norm, ballcoach.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

There’s a cerebral side to the game. And it&[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]