This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
http://www.newsadvance.com/news/local/l ... ea2f9.html
Next fall, Liberty University students with concealed handgun permits from the state can get permission from the school to keep their guns in safes in their dorm rooms.

That policy change, proposed by President Jerry Falwell and given the go-ahead with action by the university’s board of trustees last week, makes good on an announcement by Falwell to students in December that Liberty planned to change its concealed-carry policy. It is the latest of several gun control policy changes by Liberty, which has become increasingly willing to permit students, faculty and staff to carry guns on campus.

Specifically, the board of trustees passed a resolution at its on-campus meeting last week allowing Falwell to make changes to the gun policy, such as the one he proposed, at his discretion, Falwell said Tuesday.
Okay, so the article consistently refers to concealed carry, where this seems to be the focus. So now I'm curious, what are the open-carry policies at LU?
By LUinPA
Registration Days Posts
Agree Sly...

Considering the average age of dorm users the volume has to be pretty low. I wouldn't be surprised though if this is to allow most RD's the right.
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
i would be interested to see the stipulations and regulations regarding this. i assume the regulations are pretty stout. or at least i would hope so. putting that kind of decision making weight on a young adult is quite a conundrum.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
I cannot remember where I read this the other day, but it said that there were around a total 200 students living on campus who are the required age of 21 and have concealed carry permits. I do not know if that was before the recent announcements or since.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Frankly I am surprised it would be that high. Back in the day, there were hardly any students over 20 on campus.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I know I'll get ragged for this but they were even rarer when I was on campus. Most kids are (or at least that's what I saw) usually moving off campus before they even hit 20 so really the only ones who would fall into this category were RAs. I'll be interested to see how this develops over the coming months
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]