This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Congrats to Bulldogs on their Indoor Track Trophy.
Without the LU scholarship program, what is the consensus on LCA's ability to maintain its size and compete in 4A?
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I thought LCA should have never been in 4A to start with. They should have been 3A.

The LU deal is going to hurt LCA down the road I believe, both in enrollment and athletic power.
ballcoach15 wrote:I thought LCA should have never been in 4A to start with. They should have been 3A.

The LU deal is going to hurt LCA down the road I believe, both in enrollment and athletic power.
I'm pretty sure the clasification of schools is based on the size of the student body, making your opinión on the matter even less relevant than usual.
LCA is using a multiplier of 1.5 times their high school student body to determine that they are in 4A so it's a combination of the number of students and the multiplier that was adopted as part of the settlement. It sounds like ball coach doesn't think they should get to use that multiplier.
Yacht Rock wrote:LCA is using a multiplier of 1.5 times their high school student body to determine that they are in 4A so it's a combination of the number of students and the multiplier that was adopted as part of the settlement. It sounds like ball coach doesn't think they should get to use that multiplier.
OK, I get that to an extent, but if the multiplier was part of the settlement, my opinion or anyone e!se's doesn't matter. (except to ballcoach of course).
Sly Fox wrote:Get to use? I believe the concern would be have to use.
Correct. While at the moment LCA is happy to be 4a because they can win at that level, that may not always be the case. They may find themselves in a position down the road were they struggle to compete against the bigger schools they must face.
This is the Internet so everyone has an opinion and this was far from ballcoach's craziest opinion. From what I understand LCA doesn't want to move down to 3A because it would force the school to reduce athletic offerings to the students due to the 3A schools not having as many sports.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]