This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Ballcoach...you just gotta ask...no need for asking for a "guru" or "insider" every time you have a question.

I'm guessing it'll be early due to the expected crowd...so 7 or 8 am
So you don't know either.
Of course I don't know...I haven't worked in the news office in almost three years...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Ballcoach...you just gotta ask...no need for asking for a "guru" or "insider" every time you have a question.

I'm guessing it'll be early due to the expected crowd...so 7 or 8 am
So you don't know either.
Of course I don't know...I haven't worked in the news office in almost three years...
So you still can't answer his question. And no one else has. So maybe you were wrong in giving him crap asking for a guru or insider
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:I answered it I'm a certified insider
Certified? Yep
Insider? Eh
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: So you still can't answer his question. And no one else has. So maybe you were wrong in giving him crap asking for a guru or insider
Not really...I just think it seems...unnecessary going that far. All you gotta do is ask the question. Its not like LU is some double secret organization where every piece of information is jealously guarded and highly classified and only made known to a select "inner circle" that will then pass the word on to the rest of us peons. If all he said was "What time do the doors open for that?" He probably would still have gotten the same answer, which is purely speculation on my part because of the high profile nature of the speaker and being officially in the primary season.

If Dr Carson had people all the way up University Blvd, you have to think itll be a sizeable wait to get into the Vines Center. Do I know what time the doors open? Youre right...I don't. 7-8 AM is my best guess
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
It just mind of seems like you've appointed yourself Message Board Policeman, once again. That is all.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
Purple Haize wrote: So you still can't answer his question. And no one else has. So maybe you were wrong in giving him crap asking for a guru or insider
Not really...I just think it seems...unnecessary going that far. All you gotta do is ask the question. Its not like LU is some double secret organization where every piece of information is jealously guarded and highly classified and only made known to a select "inner circle" that will then pass the word on to the rest of us peons. If all he said was "What time do the doors open for that?" He probably would still have gotten the same answer, which is purely speculation on my part because of the high profile nature of the speaker and being officially in the primary season.

If Dr Carson had people all the way up University Blvd, you have to think itll be a sizeable wait to get into the Vines Center. Do I know what time the doors open? Youre right...I don't. 7-8 AM is my best guess
Did you ever consider the possibility of him asking for 'insiders' was done in jest? Which seems more likely: That it was said in jest or that ballcoach really believes there is a secret cabal of LU Insiders that monitor and direct this board?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Could he be joking? Its certainly possible...but its almost impossible to really get where he is coming from so you can't really tell if he is joking or being serious (or even if he is an alter ego for a poster on this board)

JK- Not my intention to come across that way...my apologies
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:3am
Ha ha...according to my friend at the news office, 7 AM, but that hasn't been confirmed to him yet.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Do you really want an old man--and a veteran--standing outside in the cold at 3:00 a.m. in January? That might be fun as a college prank, but don't try to pull that on ballcoach, please.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Do you really want an old man--and a veteran--standing outside in the cold at 3:00 a.m. in January? That might be fun as a college prank, but don't try to pull that on ballcoach, please.
The doors open at 7 I would imagine people will start lining up much earlier. Like say 3 am
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
If you see a US Army-issue pup tent outside of the Vines Center on Monday, that's ballcoach, so give him a hot cup of coffee.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:If you see a US Army-issue pup tent outside of the Vines Center on Monday, that's ballcoach, so give him a hot cup of coffee.
I believe they call it a 'Hot Cup of Joe'
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:Do you really want an old man--and a veteran--standing outside in the cold at 3:00 a.m. in January? That might be fun as a college prank, but don't try to pull that on ballcoach, please.
This got serious fast...

A. It hasn't been THAT cold
B. I would not be shocked it some people decide to line up that early based on how Donald has drawn crowds recently.
C. Everybody knows not to take me seriously
D. Ballcoach, all jokes aside thank you for your service.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I hate cold weather, but if temperature is above 20 degrees I could survive waiting in line at Vines Center. (I survived a wind chill of -33 in Korea back in 1977).
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
I actually made the comment the other day that I miss convo. While I don't ever want to see pottery guy again, I miss the weekly encouragement.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:I actually made the comment the other day that I miss convo. While I don't ever want to see pottery guy again, I miss the weekly encouragement.
LOL...I remember the pottery guy.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
She should not be allowed on Campus. A debate moderator should be neutral and not attack anyone. Fox should have fired her after she attacked Trump in earlier debate.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:She should not be allowed on Campus. A debate moderator should be neutral and not attack anyone. Fox should have fired her after she attacked Trump in earlier debate.
She didn't attack him. She asked him a question that will come up on the debate trail. It was a fair question. He was unprofessional when he attacked her with "blood coming out of her eyes."
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]