This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
NewsAdvance.com wrote:150 years after freedmen departed Lynchburg for Liberia, a Liberty University student heads the other way

Liberty University student Moses Harris poses for a portrait at the Falwell Library on campus. Harris started attending classes at Liberty after he was stranded in the country following an Ebola outbreak in his home country of Liberia.

Posted: Saturday, December 5, 2015 7:09 pm
Sherese A. Gore

The growing chill that may have permeated the Baltimore harbor would have been replaced by the hot Sahara wind of the dry season.

Christmas was less than two weeks away, and behind them, the wide expanse of the Atlantic stretched back to Virginia to the only home the group had ever known.
Click Here for Full Story

This article is a great lesson in history as well as the impact that LU is having around the world. This is the type of article I wish to see more of when it concerns our school (along with articles of athletic success).
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:does JFJR get any credit for this or does he just get blasted when he makes a mistake?
Did I miss something? What did Jr. do? Was he involved in this story at all?
By bluejacket
adam42381 wrote:
bballfan84 wrote:does JFJR get any credit for this or does he just get blasted when he makes a mistake?
No, he wasn't. But when you are high on :koolaid who cares about reading.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bluejacket wrote:
adam42381 wrote:
No, he wasn't. But when you are high on :koolaid who cares about reading.
Alcohol, drugs and :koolaid are cool
By bballfan84
Registration Days Posts
ha i do like a good beer or wine every now and then..however far from a kool aid drinker...too much sugar
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:ha i do like a good beer or wine every now and then..however far from a kool aid drinker...too much sugar
Heathen
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:he is the leader of the university..obviously plays a role in this
Maybe I should thank him for the fact that I have a job lined up in NC starting in January. He is, after all, the leader of the school where I graduated.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I am where I am today because of LU and the leadership at LU...and the LCA scholarship that enabled me to go there.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
bballfan84 wrote:They are hiring you not Falwell..congrats on the new job.
How is that different from the guy in the article?
Election 2022 and 2024

Professional protestors? Let me guess funded by […]

Uh… You guys like reading?

I try to alternate non-fiction with fiction and […]

Wondering if you have looked into catching the n[…]

Expect it when you least expect it. Studying it is[…]