This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:If that really is true, I think it's wrong. Women should be just as free to CC in their dorms as men are.
Oh they are...men are allowed to have guns, but they aren't allowed to have women. No comment on who I had in my dorm room.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
ATrain covered it...but yeah only having a female in your room one night a school year for an hour...Im sure there were more than a few stories for how guys got girls out of their rooms without being caught
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote:If that really is true, I think it's wrong. Women should be just as free to CC in their dorms as men are.
Sorry. That was a pretty poorly worded post. I was trying to make the point that guns are allowed in dorms but people of the opposite sex aren't.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:
Sorry. That was a pretty poorly worded post. I was trying to make the point that guns are allowed in dorms but people of the opposite sex aren't.
Its ok, if we can be expected to overlook and not criticize our fearless leader for poorly worded public statements of bravado, I'm sure we can forgive you for it too.
Last edited by ATrain on December 11th, 2015, 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
01LUGrad wrote:
Its ok, if we can be expected to overlook and not criticize our fearless for poorly worded public statements of bravado, I'm sure we can forgive you for it too.
Well played.
By LUnpretty11
Registration Days Posts
01LUGrad wrote:Meanwhile at Liberty, guns are allowed in guys dorms, but girls aren't.
I knew SJ couldn't stay away long...

Jonathan Carone ‏@jonathan_carone Dec 10
Liberty University: where guys can have guns in their dorm room but not a girl.
By LUDad
adam42381 wrote:
LUinPA wrote:
adam42381 wrote:Replace those Muslims with Jews or Christians and ask yourself whether he would have made the same statement. The answer is pretty obvious.
Jews and Christians aren't doing that, are they??
Maybe not Jews, but Christians have been the main perpetrators of mass shootings in the US.
Any "professing" Christian who is a mass murderer is a Christian in name only.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: Any "professing" Christian who is a mass murderer is a Christian in name only.
Agreed
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:
LUDad wrote: Any "professing" Christian who is a mass murderer is a Christian in name only.
Agreed
Many Muslims would argue the same about those who kill in the name of their faith.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:
Agreed
Many Muslims would argue the same about those who kill in the name of their faith.
While this is true it's not a perfect parallel. When the crazy (turned out to be Democrat) guy shot up the abortion clinic you saw Universal condemnation from 'Thr Christian Church'. There is no sect of Christianity that is violently overthrow a Government and set up a Theocracy. No sect of Christianity calls for its followers to kill the Infidel. So while most Muslims are peaceful there is a legitimate sect within Islam that is bent on a world wide Caliphate
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote:
Moses and King David (among others), won't be happy to hear that news. :)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
LUDad wrote:
Technically, they were Jewish
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
flameshaw wrote:
LUDad wrote:
Technically, they were Jewish
So was Jesus
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:
LUDad wrote:

Moses and David are now mass murderers? Does that term even mean anything anymore?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
There is a difference between killing and murder. Most of the people David killed was on command by God or carrying out justice. You can bring him up on murder charges for Bathsheba's husband however that's not really mass murder.
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:There is a difference between killing and murder. Most of the people David killed was on command by God or carrying out justice. You can bring him up on murder charges for Bathsheba's husband however that's not really mass murder.
Don't the ISIS guys say the same thing? Killing enormous populations of people is mass murder whether you believe your God commanded you to do it or not.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
adam42381 wrote:
ATrain wrote:There is a difference between killing and murder. Most of the people David killed was on command by God or carrying out justice. You can bring him up on murder charges for Bathsheba's husband however that's not really mass murder.
Don't the ISIS guys say the same thing? Killing enormous populations of people is mass murder whether you believe your God commanded you to do it or not.
Yes, but David and God essentially talked one-on-one, or God delivered messages to David through prophets. These ISIS people are justifying their actions based on words written millennia ago.
By bluejacket
adam42381 wrote:Don't the ISIS guys say the same thing? Killing enormous populations of people is mass murder whether you believe your God commanded you to do it or not.
Not necessarily.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I'll hopefully make this my only word on this aspect of the discussion but last I checked, murder is sin. If God advocated murder, mass or otherwise, wouldn't it run counter to his nature, thus potentially invalidating his atoning sacrifice because he would potentially be advocating sin, and invalidating the whole of the Christian faith?
By bluejacket
BJWilliams wrote:I'll hopefully make this my only word on this aspect of the discussion but last I checked, murder is sin. If God advocated murder, mass or otherwise, wouldn't it run counter to his nature, thus potentially invalidating his atoning sacrifice because he would potentially be advocating sin, and invalidating the whole of the Christian faith?
Define murder.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
murder with malice let's put it that way. The taking of another human life with malice aforethought.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]