This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

JK37 wrote:Cheesecake Factory gets a nod from me. Not a Dave N Buster's fan.

What about Ruth's Chris? I'm dreaming...
Ruth's Chris would probably have to go downtown...which building would have room for it though...Bank of the James maybe?
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
I saw some renderings by Mark Borel at the City Council meeting last night for a new restaurant at Bluffwalk downtown. It looked awesome. Can't seem to find any online yet from WSET or N&A who were both there.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
Hold My Own wrote:I saw some renderings by Mark Borel at the City Council meeting last night for a new restaurant at Bluffwalk downtown. It looked awesome. Can't seem to find any online yet from WSET or N&A who were both there.
I saw the renderings. They didn't wow me but additional options downtown is a good thing. Watching the presentation it seemed like the restaurant was an excuse to build a home with a great view on top. That's probably the cynical part of me though. LOL
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:
Hold My Own wrote:I saw some renderings by Mark Borel at the City Council meeting last night for a new restaurant at Bluffwalk downtown. It looked awesome. Can't seem to find any online yet from WSET or N&A who were both there.
I saw the renderings. They didn't wow me but additional options downtown is a good thing. Watching the presentation it seemed like the restaurant was an excuse to build a home with a great view on top. That's probably the cynical part of me though. I chortle audibly.
If I'm not mistaken, Mark already has a nice place on Commerce St. with a nice view.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
http://www.newsadvance.com/work_it_lync ... d5c49.html

So a Jimmy John's will be going in to the little strip on Ward's Rd where Caspian Tattoo is, next to Lifeway. Never been to one, so it doesn't really excite me. Another sandwich shop...

Bistro Bros
, a barbecue place, is moving in to the Lakeside strip where RolyPoly was.

And that cursed building across from The Crown will now house Mahi Seafood & Steak. No high hopes for that one.

Also, some dudes are building a restaurant on Commerce St, next to El Jefe. But currently they don't know what kind of restaurant it will be. Not really sure that's the way to go about it.
I went to RolyPoly one time. I liked what I got but it didn't exactly excite me

Im guessing Sakura couldn't hack it?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
ALUmnus wrote:So a Jimmy John's will be going in to the little strip on Ward's Rd where Caspian Tattoo is, next to Lifeway. Never been to one, so it doesn't really excite me. Another sandwich shop...
Just another sandwich shop is a good way to describe the place.

Otherwise there wasn't much brewing in that article unless the Italian place in Atavista is better than you would expact an Italian restaurant in Altavista to be.
Purple Haize wrote:Jimmy Johns is a little bit better than Subway
We ate at Jimmy Johns at the national Quiz Bowl tournament in Ann Arbor last spring. I think they give you a whole or half dill pickle with your sub.
Sly Fox wrote:If that is what you are using as your standard ...
Yes. The low end of the scale. The high end being Jersey Mikes
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:Jimmy Johns is a little bit better than Subway
We ate at Jimmy Johns at the national Quiz Bowl tournament in Ann Arbor last spring. I think they give you a whole or half dill pickle with your sub.
it's the little things with CJ
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
You have to buy the pickle, it doesn't come with the sandwich.

The speed in which you get your sandwich is one of the allures of Jimmy John's, as is the bread. I like Jersey Mike's, but it's horrendously overpriced. Close to $10 for some of their subs? Screw that noise.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Jimmy Johns is phenomenal. I don't really compare it to other sandwich shops either. Sometimes, I want a deli sandwich...other times I want Jimmy Johns. Two different experiences personally.

I've never understood the obsession with Jersey Mikes. They try to mimic JJ's but it's nasty and costs more.
By HenryGale
Registration Days Posts
I do love some Jimmy Johns...good prices, great bread and quick. One of their bigger draws is they deliver for free...yes, they will deliver only 1 sub! Thus, the location will be huge for them as well as LU.
Chris Lang wrote:You have to buy the pickle
And it's worth every penny! :clapping
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]