This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I know this is a difficult time for them. Praying for the family.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
God Bless the whole family.

wonderful woman by all accounts and what a legacy she left
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Absolutely loved her book on Doc. It's a must read for anyone associated with LU. Blessings on her dear family.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:God Bless the whole family.

This
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
PAmedic wrote:God Bless the whole family.

This
Double This

I got to meet Mrs Macel a couple times, and even though she didn't say much, I knew I was in the presence of a wonderful woman who stood beside Dr Falwell to the very end.

When I worked at O'Charley's a few years ago, she came in for lunch and we let her in a side door. You could tell her health was on the decline at that point and that it was not a question of if, but when.

Prayers for JLFJR and the whole family. I hope that TRBC brings back the player piano that was on Main Street in the early days of the new sanctuary.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Ive read some of the comments on Facebook and they are downright shameful...
By adam42381
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:Ive read some of the comments on Facebook and they are downright shameful...
Are these comments on her page or some news outlet? I haven't seen anything, just curious.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Not on her page from what I can tell...I didn't think she had a facebook of her own though. The comments have been on news outlets since the story of her passing is "trending" on Facebook
By jinxy
Registration Days Posts
It's tough to read such hate filled comments about someone that you know to be exact opposite of the accusations. I'm thankful they honored their calling and endured. I'm just sad that they didn't get to see trbc and lu today. God's timing is always better and maybe it's a bit like moses. They endured the tough times together but never quite got to see the promised land here on earth. There kids will get to see that come to fruition. What a legacy. It's the end of a chapter in a way with Dr towns being the last link.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]