This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/outdo ... cef90.html
Lampman expressed no concern about the Commonwealth Games being seen as exclusionary now that they are affiliated with Liberty University, a Christian institution that forces employees to sign a document committing to “uphold the sanctity of permanent marriage between a man and a woman.”

“It’s not a deterrent,” Lampman said of Liberty’s Christian affiliation. “It’s a world-class facility, and it’s open to all Virginians.”
Unreal. talk about shoe-horning crap in there at the end. any opportunity they get the friggin media jumps.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
Very smart decision to move games to Lynchburg. Lynchburg is much better city than Richmond in every facet of life. Richmond is a bad venue for any event. And I do mean any event.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:Very smart decision to move games to Lynchburg. Lynchburg is much better city than Richmond in every facet of life. Richmond is a bad venue for any event. And I do mean any event.
Umm, they were in Roanoke. And I would prefer the RVA over L-Burg and the Noke anyday.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I have been to many sporting events in Lynchburg, Roanoke and Richmond as a fan, player and coach.

Lynchburg is better than Richmond and Roanoke combined. LU is best venue for hosting events in the entire state. No one else is even a close second.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He must have worked at Coastal!

(Just set the record for most thread tie ins in one post!)
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
ATrain wrote:http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/outdo ... cef90.html
“We beat you once again,” Johnson said to the pair at the Virginia Municipal League conference in Richmond. He also told them, “You just got Lynchburg-ed. You just got Liberty-ed.”
That was a dumb statement and unnecessary.
Your Lynchburg politicians at work...
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
I guess "getting Liberty'ed" can now refer to anytime Liberty takes something away. Like "Hey my kids got Liberty'ed when they took away their scholarship."

Mark that one up for the multithread tie-in.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/outdo ... cef90.html
“We beat you once again,” Johnson said to the pair at the Virginia Municipal League conference in Richmond. He also told them, “You just got Lynchburg-ed. You just got Liberty-ed.”
This was a stupid comment and not a comment someone in his position should have said. Maybe this is why he just repeats what the Mayor says... Surprised he even spoke - was the Mayor there to feed him lines?
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Didn't Leslie Knope say this? lol
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote:
Didn't Leslie Knope say this? I chortle audibly.
Ahh, so when the Mayor isn't around he falls back on Parks and Rec. Lynchburg is lucky to have him. :lol:
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote:I guess "getting Liberty'ed" can now refer to anytime Liberty takes something away. Like "Hey my kids got Liberty'ed when they took away their scholarship."

Mark that one up for the multithread tie-in.

Good effort
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:LU is best venue for hosting events in the entire state. No one else is even a close second.
With all due respect, have you ever been in Charlottesville? There's a little college up there founded by Mr. Jefferson in 1819 that has some pretty nice athletic facilities.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:LU is best venue for hosting events in the entire state. No one else is even a close second.
With all due respect, have you ever been in Charlottesville? There's a little college up there founded by Mr. Jefferson in 1819 that has some pretty nice athletic facilities.
Its too far for his speakerless horse and buggy
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
At Liberty University, everything is confined to basically a central area.

Example:

football Stadium
baseball stadium
softball stadium
track
soccer field
tennis courts
Vines Center

One can park anywhere on campus and walk to all events, 99% of the time.
Also it's easy access to campus off 460, with only one or 2 traffic lights to hinder travel.

In all the other cities one has to drive all over city to reach different events.

Roanoke, Richmond nor Charlottesville even comes close to Lynchburg/LU as a good venue for any athletic event.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
He might be old and cranky but he is correct. Other than aquatic events LU can host everything with easy access to watch other events
I'm excited to see the Pickle Ball matches. I like to call it Fat Guy Tennis. And yes I have played it!
The only place he is wrong is parking. Unless all the garages are done
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:He might be old and cranky but he is correct. Other than aquatic events LU can host everything with easy access to watch other events
I'm excited to see the Pickle Ball matches. I like to call it Fat Guy Tennis. And yes I have played it!
ODU has things centrally located on their campus for the most part.
Although it can be quite difficult to convince anyone to go to Norfolk.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I have been to many sporting events in Lynchburg, Roanoke and Richmond as a fan, player and coach.

Lynchburg is better than Richmond and Roanoke combined. LU is best venue for hosting events in the entire state. No one else is even a close second.

I live in Roanoke, went to Liberty and have lived in Richmond. You could you know, try to actually back up your points instead of just grabbing the first broad statement out of your rear.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:He might be old and cranky but he is correct. Other than aquatic events LU can host everything with easy access to watch other events
ODU has things centrally located on their campus for the most part.
Although it can be quite difficult to convince anyone to go to Norfolk.
And that's the rub. Lynchburg is a better geographical fit. 4 hours max from any direction.
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry defeated […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]

LU Campus Construction Thread

Are they changing the name of The Jerry Falwell[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

The Race War (Caste system) began full implementat[…]