This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:For the record, I'd love to have a pickleball court at my house. It is old guy athletic heaven. It is my favorite camp experience.
It's the official sport of :flamingdevil
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I'd like to take those, who doubt my take as to which city is best, on a tour of all cities mentioned. We will grade traffic, parking, eating places, hotels, parking, facilities, location and all other facets involved with hosting athletic events.

Lynchburg will win in a landslide.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Some of the other secondary stuff ballcoach said is subject to debate. Liberty is hosting the games because of the convenience of having the venues within easy walking distance of each other, the quality of the facilities, and it´s central location in the state. I honestly don´t see where the city of Lynchburg had much to do with it.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Liberty is set up great because of its location and the way the fields are set up.

Lynchburg vs other cities in terms of attractions and things to do outside of your game is a different story.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote:
SuperJon wrote:No it won't.
Not a landslide, but it certainly holds its own.
Agreed. I think it would be cool to ha able to park and see the different sorts of competitions. Then walk to Macado's.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:Liberty is set up great because of its location and the way the fields are set up.

Lynchburg vs other cities in terms of attractions and things to do outside of your game is a different story.
This.

Anyone who is saying, "Lynchburg is better by a landslide" is just talking out of there own bias; not based on anything objective.

I'm pretty sure ballcoach is just a troll.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:
SuperJon wrote:Liberty is set up great because of its location and the way the fields are set up.

This.

Anyone who is saying, "Lynchburg is better by a landslide" is just talking out of there own bias; not based on anything objective.

Well when your point of reference is Gretna......
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:

This.

Anyone who is saying, "Lynchburg is better by a landslide" is just talking out of there own (word redacted); not based on anything objective.

FIFY
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
Nice. I might have to start putting in some serious training so I can make a triumphant return to the M-H track and compete for the old guy 1500m championship.

If I understand this correctly, starting July 1st,[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]