This is the definitive place to discuss everything that makes life on & off campus so unique in Central Virginia.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Anything under 100 and the heat is no big deal once your blood adjusts after a winter. But sludging around in winter is miserable regardless of how thick your blood may be.
Occasional snow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> daily summer heat
Daily summer heat >>>>>>> temperatures consistently below freezing, and wind chills

Why am I helping Sly to defend Texas here???
ATrain wrote:
lynchburgwildcats wrote:
Sly Fox wrote:Anything under 100 and the heat is no big deal once your blood adjusts after a winter. But sludging around in winter is miserable regardless of how thick your blood may be.
Occasional snow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> daily summer heat
Daily summer heat >>>>>>> temperatures consistently below freezing, and wind chills
Unadulterated nonsense
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Dude, seriously...I grew up in VA, not far from where you currently work. The Appalachians can keep the snow from crossing I-81, but the temperatures still drop when a cold front comes through, and the wind in those hills...brrrr. Summers are hot and humid w/ many days over 90 degrees.
Having grown up in the Buffalo-Cleveland snow belt, Lynchburg's weather is terrific. Still get 4 seasons, but you can still see grass for at least 50 of 52 weeks of the year. And the cold is a breeze compared to the northern winters.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
I grew up in central Connecticut, and the weather has always been one of the things I miss most. The media loves to hype extreme weather and the misery of snow, but what happened in Boston this year was an anomaly. Even when it snows it's beautiful up there. We didn't tolerate snow, it was a joy and part of winter. People didn't suffer through winter, they thrive in it. We had 4 VERY distinct seasons, I loved it.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

At what point in history was the ACC ever any bett[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

With all due respect, Atrain was in Dallas in his […]

LaTech

I also keep tab with JMU because there is a player[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]